OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cz Bobwhite 28 ga

Started by bswearing, March 29, 2023, 03:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocHolliday

Here's one with Marble's Universal. I don't have a picture of the HiViz installed that I can put my hands on.

Start by getting Skinner (described above) installed. Shoot at 40 with LEFT barrel and factory FULl choke with the sight post run all the way in. If that puts where you want it, install HiViz Comp and adjust accordingly both sight and choke. Then go to twenty and shoot RIGHT barrel with factory cyl choke. Adjust choke accordingly. You shouldn't have to adjust sight.(I know of 2 guns that have had adjustment issues out of now 20. One needs to be filed a little. The other, my son won't let me touch cause it works for him. :TooFunny:

If the above results in a pattern shooting high, you'll have to raise the front sight to lower the POI (Marbles or Skinner). If it shoots low raise rear sight.

The point of using factory chokes is to save money. Once you're close order Trulock or others in constriction of your choice. All mine shoot left barrel Trulock Tky. The right barrel anywhere from cylinder to skeet 2 (light modified). I just depends on what that gun wants to eat.

Guskie

Perfect, thanks Doc! Thats a super slick rig you've got.

Is your front sling stud drilled and tapped ? And do you know which sling mount you used?

Thank You!

DocHolliday

I've used several over the years. The Dakota's or the ones from New England Custom Guns are the prettiest. Just remember that the rib on these guns is hollow and the metal is pretty thin. I've never had a problem with a screw pulling, but whoever is tapping it should know and take care.

Guskie

Wow, I wouldn't have quessed the rib was hollow. Good to know. Im not sure if I want to go with the peep sight or get a Sumtoy mount for  red dot.

shatcher

I think I have some pics in my phone.  I'll pm you with my cell #.  Shoot me a text.