OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Chest Packs?

Started by BDeal, March 09, 2023, 11:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan121787

Quote from: bowbird87 on March 10, 2023, 09:10:26 PM
Did it come with the loops fro strikers on the Velcro?
I didn't, but I think they are coming out with some. I got some cheap ones off Amazon. I know FHF also makes a turkey accessory kit

TrackeySauresRex

I do like the concept and I've always thought of downsizing...
But I need my ShhhhTuff.
:turkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

InmemoryofLMC

There is a HS Strutt chest pack for sale in the general classified right now
2 SAMUEL 22:3-4 The God of my rock; in him will I trust

InmemoryofLMC

There is a HS Strutt chest pack for sale in the general classified right now
2 SAMUEL 22:3-4 The God of my rock; in him will I trust

BDeal

Quote from: Jordan121787 on March 09, 2023, 08:00:23 PM
Quote from: Stickbow98 on March 09, 2023, 02:31:38 PM
Marsupial Gear has a instagram video showing how their fishing chest pack works well for turkey hunting.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpBf1AuDSzz/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I absolutely love mine!

How many pots does the marsupial hold and is there a box call pocket?

Jordan121787

Quote from: BDeal on March 11, 2023, 01:17:48 PM
Marsupial Gear has a instagram video showing how their fishing chest pack works well for turkey hunting.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpBf1AuDSzz/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I absolutely love mine!

You could hold up to 6 or more really. I don't carry a box call, but there's room for it in the main pouch or you can get one of their accessory pouches to add to it.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: BDeal on March 11, 2023, 01:17:48 PM

I absolutely love mine!

I've seen guys use the large radio pouch or bear spray accessory from marsupial for a short box

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BDeal

Quote from: Jordan121787 on March 10, 2023, 09:15:47 PM
I didn't, but I think they are coming out with some. I got some cheap ones off Amazon. I know FHF also makes a turkey accessory kit

You wouldn't happen to have a link to where you got the velcro striker loops would you?

Jordan121787

Quote from: BDeal on March 11, 2023, 05:50:59 PM
Quote from: Jordan121787 on March 10, 2023, 09:15:47 PM

You wouldn't happen to have a link to where you got the velcro striker loops would you?

2 Pcs Elastic 12 20 28 Gauge... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B9KTM5ST?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

runngun

I just saw a chest pack that looks awesome!! Allen Shocker. I don't know how to post a link or picture but I really like the look of it!!! Y'all check it out.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

the Ward

Now you fellas got me leaning toward getting one of those Marsupials. Probably for next year, I pretty much used up my
budget for this year! But  now I can't get this dang song from the 80's by Phil Collins out of my head now.......
" Mar, Mar, Mar,.......Marsupial " Thanks a lot!

the Ward

Quote from: runngun on March 12, 2023, 11:56:22 PM
I just saw a chest pack that looks awesome!! Allen Shocker. I don't know how to post a link or picture but I really like the look of it!!! Y'all check it out.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I just looked that one up you posted. Looks pretty good and priced right. I have used
Allen brand stuff and it has held up for the money. I am wondering if the strap design
on it might get uncomfortable though with some weight in pack as it loops across back of the neck
instead of across shoulders like the other ones?

treein dixie

Pack rabbit is superior!!!!

BDeal

Quote from: treein dixie on March 13, 2023, 11:24:00 PM

The pack rabbit looks pretty massive compared to the competition. Maybe its just the pics but it looks almost like a full size backpack that is just turned around. I'm trying to decide between the Outdoor Vision, Marsupial Fishing Pack, and FHF Versions. Dos anyone have suggestions between the 3?

gmbellew

Quote from: BDeal on March 14, 2023, 11:34:31 AM
Quote from: treein dixie on March 13, 2023, 11:24:00 PM

The pack rabbit looks pretty massive compared to the competition. Maybe its just the pics but it looks almost like a full size backpack that is just turned around. I'm trying to decide between the Outdoor Vision, Marsupial Fishing Pack, and FHF Versions. Dos anyone have suggestions between the 3?

I'd lean toward outdoor vision, as it seems to be more geared to turkey with easier access and still secure. only negative seems to be the pot call holders may be snug from the reviews.