turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Chest Packs?

Started by BDeal, March 09, 2023, 11:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillclimberWV

I have the marsupial harness and buckle delete and it makes the bino pack ride much higher on your chest.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BDeal

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 15, 2023, 10:20:30 PM
Ran across this one recently.  Pricey but looks well made.
https://outdoorvisiongear.com/products/turkey-pro-i

Thats a nice looking rig! I'm leaning towards the Marsipual as it seems it would be easy to use for activities other than turkey hunting also but I like the looks of the FHF as well. Has anyone had experience with both of these??

ChubCreek

Quote from: the Ward on March 15, 2023, 10:58:53 AM
Great setup Chubcreek, I really like it. Probably going with that next year.

Thanks guys. Put a decent amount of thought into the setup. Inevitably there are are probably some negatives to the system or things I won't like. I'll have to give a pros and cons update after I use it this spring.

Crotalus

Kifaru has their steelhead pack as well which looks like it would work as a turkey pack.  They also have a hydration pack that can be paired with it. Pricey but good quality.

Tom007

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 15, 2023, 10:20:30 PM
Ran across this one recently.  Pricey but looks well made.
https://outdoorvisiongear.com/products/turkey-pro-i

It's a real nice pack, shoulder straps very comfortable. Not bulky, holds just what you need......

g8rvet

I just bought the HS Strut version.  Will not replace my vest, but can load it up on those frequent warm afternoon or long walk days. Should pair well with my Ol'Tom flyweight shirt. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Tom007

Quote from: g8rvet on March 17, 2023, 01:02:57 PM
I just bought the HS Strut version.  Will not replace my vest, but can load it up on those frequent warm afternoon or long walk days. Should pair well with my Ol'Tom flyweight shirt.

Nice pack...

Dazzler

Quote from: huntineveryday on March 09, 2023, 11:56:36 AM
FHF Gear is USA made and pretty solid. They have a chest rig and some turkey specific accessories for it. I don't have the chest rig, but I have a bino harness that I love and a couple other accessory pieces that have all been great.

***fixed a fat-finger mistake!
Dont know about the others, but the FHF easily converts to a sling carry style with a 1" waist belt option.

derek

If anyone is looking for something smaller.  The Nomad chest harness isn't too big or bulky.  Holds a pair of 10x32s just fine with the essentials as well.  They make a few attachments for it also but I got it for the bare minimum runs. 

https://nomadoutdoor.com/products/nomad-bino-harness-mossy-oak-bottomland
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com