OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Chest Packs?

Started by BDeal, March 09, 2023, 11:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan121787

Quote from: sasquatch1 on March 09, 2023, 06:21:02 PM
What the hell do you guys sit on that hunt with these setups?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My a$$

Jordan121787

Quote from: Stickbow98 on March 09, 2023, 02:31:38 PM
Marsupial Gear has a instagram video showing how their fishing chest pack works well for turkey hunting.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpBf1AuDSzz/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I absolutely love mine!

Moore

[

Jmillwood21

I have a thermarest z seat as well I strap to my belt.

Hook hanger

Got a ? for you guys that run this type set up. How hard is it to switch to shoot with left hand if you normally shoot right hand while sitting down? I've had to do this a few times during my years of turkey hunting.

Gooserbat

The whole notion of the chest pack is to be lighter and more efficient and organized.  So was the turkey vest.  I have an old mossy oak vest that's 25 YO and it's like nothing compared to the vest we use today.  Give it time and the chest packs will be as complex and cumbersome as the most complete vest of today.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

the Ward

This has got me thinking I need one of these for when I'm hunting the mountains.
Looks like a slick setup when putting on the miles and need a way to carry a few essentials
and have better mobility up and down steep terrain than a vest.

GobbleNut

Looking at some of these contraptions some of you guys carry, please let me know where you are hunting so I can come along behind you and pick up some free stuff...   :D ;D :angel9:

Turkeybutt

It looks to be a good little set up but I'll stick to my Glenda Green murse or my vest. I don't need much but the chest pack doesn't have enough room for all my snacks!

bowbird87

Quote from: Jordan121787 on March 09, 2023, 08:00:23 PM
Marsupial Gear has a instagram video showing how their fishing chest pack works well for turkey hunting.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpBf1AuDSzz/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I absolutely love mine!

Can you share more pics of the other pockets. I like that a lot!

Sungrazer

Love the looks of the Marsupial, but there are other less expensive options available if you search around.
I bought an Allen for wade fishing, but when it came in I thought this will be great for scouting.
https://byallen.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Chest+packs

SDK

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 10, 2023, 08:54:00 AM
The whole notion of the chest pack is to be lighter and more efficient and organized.  So was the turkey vest.  I have an old mossy oak vest that's 25 YO and it's like nothing compared to the vest we use today.  Give it time and the chest packs will be as complex and cumbersome as the most complete vest of today.

You're not wrong. I'm still hunting turkey with my deer backpack and a bino harness. I was trying on some vests at Cabales over the winter and they are all too bulky and restrictive for me. I felt like I was putting on a scuba BC. Just couldn't pull the trigger an anything.

I'm hoping to see more of these chest packs that are modular systems vs just getting ginormous. It would be great to "buy once, cry once" on a harness and be able to switch things out for deer, waterfowl, etc..

The Meateater webisite has both chest pack and bino harness systems with a bunch of modular attachments. Like everything there, it's just too pricey for what it is, but I like the idea....

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Jordan121787 on March 09, 2023, 08:00:23 PM

I absolutely love mine!

And that new sand pattern camo from Mossy Oak that you are sporting looks great as well. I bet it is real comfortable for those all day hunts.

Seriously, thanks for sharing. I will go and check out that chest pack on their site.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Jordan121787

Ask and you shall receive! Yeah that's for them snow gobblers ????

bowbird87

Did it come with the loops fro strikers on the Velcro?