turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Chest Packs?

Started by BDeal, March 09, 2023, 11:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

I'm looking to buy a chest pack for run and gunning. Are there any specific models that I should consider other than the Outdoor Vision model?

Thank You!

huntineveryday

FHF Gear is USA made and pretty solid. They have a chest rig and some turkey specific accessories for it. I don't have the chest rig, but I have a bino harness that I love and a couple other accessory pieces that have all been great.

***fixed a fat-finger mistake!

Dtrkyman

FHF is what huntineveryday is referring too.  I think ALps and Knight and Hale have them also, have not used any of them personally.

Jmillwood21

Can configure your own. Not sure if you use binos or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazzler

I have the FHF and it works well. I do not have their turkey accessories for the bag since I already had add on storage solutions.

Really depends on what you carry into the woods imo. I like it because it can double as a shoulder carry bag.

btodd00

I think the Alaska guide creations small binocular pouches would make a pretty nice ultralight one, they also have a lot of options to add pouches and packs

I have a run n gun 100 and the hs strut chest pack, I like the idea of a chest pack and keep trying to make it work but I haven't found one I really like yet

HillclimberWV

The mystery ranch bear spray holsters come up on camofire regularly for $10. It attached directly to the molle system on the bottom of my FHF bino harness and holds a box call well. Very similar to the marsupial gear setup above.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

BDeal

It looks like most of them hold a box call and multiple pots. For those that have used the FHF and Outdoor Vision models, can you comment on how many pots and strikers they hold?

Stickbow98

Marsupial Gear has a instagram video showing how their fishing chest pack works well for turkey hunting.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpBf1AuDSzz/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

28roper

Pack Rabbit.  I bought one two years bag specifically for the same reason you are inquiring, running and gunning with easy access to everything.  It is water proof including the zippers and seams. 

https://www.pack-rabbit.com/product/2021-elite-tactical-hunter-chest-vest/

Granted, when I bought mine it was not as expensive.  They do run sales from time to time. 

Tom007

A lot of great options out there.....

Turkeybutt

Thanks for all the photos and comments on the chest packs.
I like my murse I got from Ms Glenda Green but I can see me grabbing a chest pack from time to time.
Great Info guys!

Tom007

Quote from: BDeal on March 09, 2023, 11:53:14 AM
I'm looking to buy a chest pack for run and gunning. Are there any specific models that I should consider other than the Outdoor Vision model?

Thank You!

Lots of great options including The HS pack that is or was on our Misc Classifieds.....good luck......

sasquatch1

What the hell do you guys sit on that hunt with these setups?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HillclimberWV

I have a thermarest z seat that weighs nothing and i strap it to my belt. Typically i only run this kind of setup when I'm scouting/checking areas and trying to cover ground during season. If i know where turkeys are i always wear my vest.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr