Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Final tag in NC.
1 1/8in spurs, 10 5/8in beard, 17.69lbs

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

sasquatch1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dcar_roll

Forth day of 1st season in Illinois 4-13-23. I missed a bigger bird two days before but am happy with this guy! 9 1/2 inch beard and 3-4 inch spurs.
Hunting- Not just a job,but an adventure !

Tsgman

Another fun weekend in the woods.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

g8rvet

Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

topnotch

retrieverman

I killed this one at my place in NW Oklahoma this evening.  He had 6.5" beard, 7/8 and 1" spurs, and weighed 27 lbs.  I was using my combo gun with handloaded ammo with 1 1/4 oz #6 shot at 8 yards.

Marc

Had a nice season.

Could not hunt the opener, and went for an afternoon hunt the second day, with quick results!

Second hunt, called in a struttin' hen...  She came in behind me, and I just caught a glimps of the fan...  Trying to figure out how to get a shot, when I realized it was a hen.  She came within feet of me and put on a show for about an hour; was sure a tom would come to investigate, but it never happened.

Later that same day (after burning some rubber on my soles), I called in another hen, that brought in a hesitant tom...  Hen stood on a rock and yammered with me for 20 minutes or so, before this guy came in for some lovin'.  Not great photos, but these are actually nice spurs for a California bird (the spurs often get broken off on the rocks).

Last bird made me work for him...  Worked a couple jakes for over an hour (before I realized they were jakes), let them be and did some hiking, and then worked another jake for a painfully long time, that ended up pulling in a tom for a fight.  I was holding on a jake for the better part of an hour at about 60 yards...  My face itching, and a bug landed on my neck, and that jake would not budge (I thought he was a tom from my vantage point).  I hear another bird gobble, and approaching, and after a short confrontation, he chased the jake to me, following close behind.  Tough for me to remember being so happy at killing a bird...  Not the biggest/best bird of the season, but it was the most rewarding!

All of these birds were killed after 11:30 AM.  It was a short, but interesting season, of the likes of which I will probably not see again.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Tandin93

Turkeybutt

Nice birds, Congratulations to all.

Neill_Prater

Missouri, opening morning.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk