only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mr Fox Vest Event on March 11

Started by Notsoyoungturk, March 03, 2023, 05:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: HookedonHooks on March 10, 2023, 06:56:42 AM
Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 09, 2023, 11:37:08 PM
So apex shells retail at 55~ for 12 ga 3 in 1 1/4 oz boxes. So basically charge an extra 20 dollars that goes to "turkeys" and they still make the same amount of profit? Lord have mercy has the turkey industry flown off the handle.

I'd rather donate $20 to a conservation organization of my choosing, buy the shells at retail price and not play into the whole Fox hype.
It comes with this year's cigar box that's themed for Mossy Oak and Mr. Fox as well as it comes with a cigar that's pretty decent. You don't typically get a cigar box from Apex unless you order three boxes of shells, and they hadn't done cigars previously either. The ammo is 20 gauge only and has a special hull with a Fox on it, as well as it was hand loaded and numbered individually by the Haas boys. Sure a lot of that is extra window stickers, but it is still apart of the project. The ammo is the only thing that is truly numbered to match the numbered vests with the exception of the special 1-10 calls/vests.
Huh they giving out cigars? I sure do wonder where that idea came from.

mudhen

Looked like a decent crowd today!

Heck, dog-poop vests are $200 now...most vests are crap anyway...this deal is a non-issue to me...
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

3bailey3

Mudhen has a line stared for the vest?

HookedonHooks

Quote from: 3bailey3 on March 10, 2023, 02:27:19 PM
Mudhen has a line stared for the vest?
Oh yeah. It started last night about 10:30 PM. As of 9AM this morning in West Point there was already around 200 people.

Upfold99

200 in line this morning?

Guess that's helping me decide if I was going to make the 6 hr drive.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Upfold99 on March 10, 2023, 03:57:01 PM
200 in line this morning?

Guess that's helping me decide if I was going to make the 6 hr drive.

It sounds like the crowd has greatly slowed down incoming traffic based off my buddy that's been in line since last night. Most folks are likely planning to get there early tomorrow morning I think. If you got in late this evening you'll probably make the numbered vest cut off, but would definitely be in for an unnumbered.

Safe travels if you decide to go! It'll be worth it.

kytrkyhntr

Sounds like a good time with other turkey hunters. I had a great time Thursday at nwtf when I got in line. Blessed to get one of my own, if you haven't had the opportunity to hold one they are really cool, I was ecstatic when I got it.

Good luck and safe travels to all making the trip!
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

runngun

I have been planning since the announcement in January to make the drive up to be there. I ain't interested in buying a vest, I just wanted to see all of the calls and call makers. But I was diagnosed with Covid yesterday. I started running a fever on Wednesday and felt like I have been run over. So I went to the doctor and was positive. It is kicking my butt. Y'all please be careful and have a big time!! Pictures please!!!

Have a good one and May God bless y'all, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

mudhen

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on March 10, 2023, 05:34:13 PM
Sounds like a good time with other turkey hunters. I had a great time Thursday at nwtf when I got in line. Blessed to get one of my own, if you haven't had the opportunity to hold one they are really cool, I was ecstatic when I got it.

Good luck and safe travels to all making the trip!

That's kinda how it looked to me, bunch of good people having a good!

Folks probably just enjoy getting out & about!!
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Upfold99

How many numbered vest are left? 0-200 auction items, family and staff? 201- 600 at nwtf.

Approx 1300 left. Is that accurate?

FL-Boss

$450 doesn't seem like much considering many are just flipping them on ebay for $3,500+ ....and that's not the asking price.. that is the sold price for over 10 vests in the last few weeks... insane.

deerhunt1988

Quote from: FL-Boss on March 10, 2023, 09:45:11 PM
$450 doesn't seem like much considering many are just flipping them on ebay for $3,500+ ....and that's not the asking price.. that is the sold price for over 10 vests in the last few weeks... insane.

Nope, easy money for standing In line less than a day! If I could make it, I'd be there for sure. Good way to fund spring travels.

LCLT

I have been here since about 215 this afternoon. Roughly 350th in line. It's been a great time meeting everyone and talking turkey. Great memories are being made here.

owlhoot

Didn't they announce that they are making more?

RemingtonRules

Redneck version of a Tesla IPO.

Walmart will be packed with people walking around in their vest.