OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mr Fox Vest Event on March 11

Started by Notsoyoungturk, March 03, 2023, 05:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernson13

So does it cross anyone else's mind that since the Dixon vest has already done so well with resale and theres obviously people with the same intent on the fox vest, maybe "mossy oak" ie. The Haas family decides better extra money in their pockets rather than those that would buy for the purpose or resale? Seems like a more probable reason to announce additional run of vests to be made.

deerhunt1988

Quote from: Southernson13 on March 09, 2023, 07:32:58 PM
So does it cross anyone else's mind that since the Dixon vest has already done so well with resale and theres obviously people with the same intent on the fox vest, maybe "mossy oak" ie. The Haas family decides better extra money in their pockets rather than those that would buy for the purpose or resale? Seems like a more probable reason to announce additional run of vests to be made.

Yes. Those not blind sided by fanboy'ism saw it when it was announced that the unnumbered versions would be $450 too.

Southernson13

The only way I can see the justification of price now is if half of it went directly to TFT or nwtf. How do you charge that for something that's no longer a limited number collectors item?

runngun

And the bubble busted

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Southernson13 on March 09, 2023, 08:14:16 PM
The only way I can see the justification of price now is if half of it went directly to TFT or nwtf. How do you charge that for something that's no longer a limited number collectors item?
While no hard figures have been given, it was said that a portion of the vests initial sale will go back to turkey research and conservation, and the first 200 numbered vest will be auctioned for years to come to continue to make that number climb even higher. The Apex ammo box gave a firm number of $20 of the $75 cost goes back to the turkeys. Primos is supposed to be doing something similar with the boxes they made, and hopefully the other call makers will follow suit. That's part of the whole reason for the vest and the project because of what Mr. Fox has done for conservation throughout his life.

I do think Mossy Oak is looking for a bigger portion of the money to be made with the initial sale, that's why the high retail price and the online pre-sale window that would allow anyone that currently wants one to have one. There will still be some collectibility in the numbered vests and people that didn't know about the vest that want one in the future, but it'll likely mitigate the stupid prices we saw post Nashville.

When it's all said and done this project will have raised a large amount of money for wild turkeys and research to help benefit the wild turkey that no hard core turkey hunter can say being a part of the project isn't special. 

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on March 09, 2023, 06:30:05 PM
Update on the event by Toxey Haas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7MU55tjH5A
Toxey can spare me the bs. "making more unnumbered vests so anyone who wants one can have one" more like "we realized the crazy demand and figured there's plenty more suckers out there willing to spend $450 on a piece of fabric with our little fox logo.

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: HookedonHooks on March 09, 2023, 09:51:52 PM
Quote from: Southernson13 on March 09, 2023, 08:14:16 PM
While no hard figures have been given, it was said that a portion of the vests initial sale will go back to turkey research and conservation, and the first 200 numbered vest will be auctioned for years to come to continue to make that number climb even higher. The Apex ammo box gave a firm number of $20 of the $75 cost goes back to the turkeys. Primos is supposed to be doing something similar with the boxes they made, and hopefully the other call makers will follow suit. That's part of the whole reason for the vest and the project because of what Mr. Fox has done for conservation throughout his life.

I do think Mossy Oak is looking for a bigger portion of the money to be made with the initial sale, that's why the high retail price and the online pre-sale window that would allow anyone that currently wants one to have one. There will still be some collectibility in the numbered vests and people that didn't know about the vest that want one in the future, but it'll likely mitigate the stupid prices we saw post Nashville.

When it's all said and done this project will have raised a large amount of money for wild turkeys and research to help benefit the wild turkey that no hard core turkey hunter can say being a part of the project isn't special.
So apex shells retail at 55~ for 12 ga 3 in 1 1/4 oz boxes. So basically charge an extra 20 dollars that goes to "turkeys" and they still make the same amount of profit? Lord have mercy has the turkey industry flown off the handle.

I'd rather donate $20 to a conservation organization of my choosing, buy the shells at retail price and not play into the whole Fox hype.

Delmar ODonnell

Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 09, 2023, 11:32:02 PM

Toxey can spare me the bs. "making more unnumbered vests so anyone who wants one can have one" more like "we realized the crazy demand and figured there's plenty more suckers out there willing to spend $450 on a piece of fabric with our little fox logo.

What reason do you have to believe he is not sincere? I don't find it hard to believe that there are enough turkey hunters who genuinely appreciate Mossy Oak's values, the conservation efforts they have made, and how they represent hunters in the public eye, that would be disappointed to not get one. Sure, the vest is expensive and they are making money, but I don't understand the cynicism against a family who represents turkey hunting well and a brand that has given back to turkeys.

Southernson13

Quote from: Delmar ODonnell on March 10, 2023, 12:00:36 AM

What reason do you have to believe he is not sincere? I don't find it hard to believe that there are enough turkey hunters who genuinely appreciate Mossy Oak's values, the conservation efforts they have made, and how they represent hunters in the public eye, that would be disappointed to not get one. Sure, the vest is expensive and they are making money, but I don't understand the cynicism against a family who represents turkey hunting well and a brand that has given back to turkeys.

My biggest complaint about the guy comes from being his neighbor. They almost exclusively hunt property they own in Alabama. I hunted some family property in Westpoint in college(hail state). For two weeks I wrestled with a stubborn gobbler that split time between mine and his(toxey). He was religiously pitching somewhere on my side of the property line then as the morning went on, venturing over to Haas territory. Three mornings in a row I got within shot gun distance on the limb in pure darkness and three mornings in a row he pitched across a clear cut to Haas land. I made a call and eventually talked to the man himself. Explained what had been going on and begged for a 50 yard easement one morning to get this rascal whooped. Toxey said let me think about it, I'll call you back tomorrow. Two days later I watched the same thing happen only to be followed by a shotgun blast roughly 10 minutes after fly down. I coulda been dishonest and hopped a fence on property that never gets hunted but that ain't the way it went.

bowbird87

Quote from: Southernson13 on March 10, 2023, 12:30:54 AM

My biggest complaint about the guy comes from being his neighbor. They almost exclusively hunt property they own in Alabama. I hunted some family property in Westpoint in college(hail state). For two weeks I wrestled with a stubborn gobbler that split time between mine and his(toxey). He was religiously pitching somewhere on my side of the property line then as the morning went on, venturing over to Haas territory. Three mornings in a row I got within shot gun distance on the limb in pure darkness and three mornings in a row he pitched across a clear cut to Haas land. I made a call and eventually talked to the man himself. Explained what had been going on and begged for a 50 yard easement one morning to get this rascal whooped. Toxey said let me think about it, I'll call you back tomorrow. Two days later I watched the same thing happen only to be followed by a shotgun blast roughly 10 minutes after fly down. I coulda been dishonest and hopped a fence on property that never gets hunted but that ain't the way it went.

What did you expect? You told the guy where a Turkey was daily on his property. You can't be mad at a guy for killing a Turkey on his property and not letting you. Lol

arkrem870

and a valuable lesson was learned that day. Loose lips sink ships.
LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS

HookedonHooks

Quote from: arkrem870 on March 10, 2023, 06:36:09 AM
and a valuable lesson was learned that day. Loose lips sink ships.
:z-winnersmiley:

You don't tell a soul in that area of the country where a gobbler was living with consistency unless you have him dead in your hands. You signed that gobblers death warrant the moment you made the call.

Also sounds like you shouldn't have continued to try and get within shotgun range in the dark. He did it several times in a row because he knew you were in there. Each morning it didn't work out you needed to be a little further until he pitched back onto your side. You'd have found that fine line and killed him on your side had you not got impatient and made the phone call.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 09, 2023, 11:37:08 PM
So apex shells retail at 55~ for 12 ga 3 in 1 1/4 oz boxes. So basically charge an extra 20 dollars that goes to "turkeys" and they still make the same amount of profit? Lord have mercy has the turkey industry flown off the handle.

I'd rather donate $20 to a conservation organization of my choosing, buy the shells at retail price and not play into the whole Fox hype.
It comes with this year's cigar box that's themed for Mossy Oak and Mr. Fox as well as it comes with a cigar that's pretty decent. You don't typically get a cigar box from Apex unless you order three boxes of shells, and they hadn't done cigars previously either. The ammo is 20 gauge only and has a special hull with a Fox on it, as well as it was hand loaded and numbered individually by the Haas boys. Sure a lot of that is extra window stickers, but it is still apart of the project. The ammo is the only thing that is truly numbered to match the numbered vests with the exception of the special 1-10 calls/vests.

Howieg

Pretty simple imo ,  if you have the extra funds set aside , and you love turkey hunting history and want to help fund some research ? Buy one .
Don't let some of these negative "male Karen's " sway what you want to do !

Bolandstrutters

Quote from: Southernson13 on March 10, 2023, 12:30:54 AM

You wanted another hardcore turkey hunter to allow you on his private property to turkey hunt!?  Haha good luck with that!