turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scott Hook

Started by Gooserbat, March 03, 2023, 10:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

I honestly don't want to post this however it's public that Scott passed last night.

When I first began my journey as a call maker I met Scott and Norman Hook.  They were of the few who took the time to truly mentor me.  I will remember Scott more for the genuine person he was than the call maker and turkey hunter.  Your are going to be missed my friend.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Greg Massey

Prayer for the family ... God Bless ...

Delmar ODonnell

My friend and I met Scott and his friend John last spring at a hotel in Washington State. We were wearing camoflauge, and Scott came and introduced himself. This chance encounter turned into 3 hours of talking turkey over drinks. Scott's genuineness shown through with every story he told. I am sorry to hear of his passing and will be praying for his family.

Sam, for what its worth, I was actually wearing one of your hats, which Scott saw and sang your praises. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and a fine man.

runngun

Terrible Loss, Praying for the family.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

sasquatch1

Damn!! Now I know why I have t been able to get an email response lately.

Prayers, we lost a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom007

Prayers for him and his family...

Tail Feathers

So very sorry to hear this.  I met Scott some 20 years ago at an outdoors show in Houston.  You know how some people you just instantly like?  Scott was one.  Such a nice, genuine guy.  And his father too.
Godspeed Scott.   :'(
Prayers of peace and comfort for his friends and family.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Haypatch

Prayers for his family and friends!!

bbcoach

My Prayers are with his entire family and the thousands that Scott touched.  We have lost a Wonderful Man!  All of us have lost a True Friend and Turkey Hunter!

Since I retired, I always called the shop early in the mornings to place my orders.  Guess who would pick up the phone, yep Scott!  He was always in the shop by 5 or 5:30 am making calls.  After he took my order, we always Talked Turkey and turkey hunting for at least an hour.  I'm going to miss those conversations!           

Jbird22

I absolutely did not want to read this today! Wow, what terrible news!

Scott Hook is the first guy who ever took real one on one time with me on the phone to build some mouth calls (youth frame) to suit me. He could have blown me off but he chose to treat me like we had known each other for years. From that day forward, I would always call him and order calls each season. I got the same Scott (genuine) each and every time I talked to him and I always respected/appreciated that! I started building my own calls several years ago and didn't call every year like I used to. I absolutely regret not keeping in touch. RIP Scott, you will be greatly missed!

3bailey3

Hate to hear this, prayers for his family.

slicksbeagles1

Prayers for everyone. I talked to Scott on the phone about 11years ago and he was a genuine man and I met him that same year at the NWTF Convention and it was like always talking to your best friend. How he could remember me from year to year amazed me, He will truly be missed.
Keith

TScottW99

I hate to hear that, such a nice guy. Prayers for his family.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Muzzy61

Wow, Prayers for the family .
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ncwoodsman

Such a good guy, very sad news. Prayers for his family.