News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scott Hook

Started by Gooserbat, March 03, 2023, 10:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Another one of the good guys.

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Wigsplitter

Wow!! I have great respect for him and his business ! His mouth calls are my favorite and he has taken so much time to invest in people in the turkey hunting world as mentioned in the comments above! God bless this mans influence and his family during these hard times!!

Sixes

Sad news.  Prayers for the family

the Ward

Very sorry for your loss. I didn't know him, but he sounds like he was a great guy and
a good person. Prayers for his family and friends.

RutnNStrutn

That's a shame. Scott was a good guy and was liked by everyone I knew. Rest easy Scott.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

shoer2

packmule

This is terrible news.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

perrytrails

Hate to hear this. Prayers for the family

Zobo

May God's peace and love comfort his friends and family.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Hooksfan

Prayers for his family.

Hooksfan

Prayers for his family.

FireDoc

I don't post here much, usually just read when I check in but here's a little backstory on my buddy Scott Hook of Hooks Calls.

When I first started getting really interested in turkey hunting, I spent a lot of time trying to learn about calls and how to sound like a turkey. Once I discovered how many different types and manufacturers there were out there, I started asking around about peoples opinions on who had the best customer service. Many folks recommended a fella by the name of Scott Hook out of Arkansas who had a Call Company known as Hooks Calls.

Took some time one day, made a phone and ended up talking to Scott for over an hour and ordered some calls from him.

As time progressed, I pretty much exclusively bought most of my turkey calls from him, and every time I ordered we would have a long conversation over the phone about how things were going in the turkey season. Not too many business owners would probably do that, but Scott took the time.

We ended up actually meeting in person one year at the NWTF convention down in Nashville when I took my daughter with me. Ended up exchanging cell phone numbers and later on, I was very fortunate to be able to share a hunting camp with him in Nebraska.

Almost 10 years ago a new tradition was born that every college football Saturday, we would be texting back-and-forth about Georgia Bulldog games, or his beloved Arkansas Razorback games. When Georgia finally won their first national championship, he was the only guy that was texted me during the entire game, and did that same thing this season when they won their second national championship. Not too many non-Bulldog fans would do something like that, but Scott took the time.

As my daughter and I got more involved with Softball I found out that Scott used to be heavily involved as an umpire for softball games. Over the years, he never failed to check and see how she was doing, and how her seasons were going. Many times I would pick his brain to get the umpire side of things in regards to different game situations that happened. Most guys wouldn't give up some time on the weekend for that, but Scott took the time.

When I was teaching hunters safety classes, every year we would give out a goodie bag for the kids that completed the course. Without fail every year, Scott would donate turkey calls to the kids. He believed it was important to get the youth involved in hunting and even more so to get them introduced to chasing turkeys as well. For a guy with a business in Arkansas, he didn't have to support a bunch of Michigan kids, but Scott took the time to do that.

When we needed some items to help out the Hunters Helping Lenawee Program I manage, Scott was the first guy to send me things to help out with the program. Again, for an Arkansas business owner to help out a small county in Michigan was pretty impressive. He didn't have to do that, but he took the time.

For more than 10 years, we've been sending hunting experiences, reports, video and audio clips, and a little bit of trash talking during both the spring and fall turkey season's here. It's something that I look forward to every year and he's put me in contact with some pretty cool turkey hunting folks over the years as well.

We usually start talking turkey in February, and that's exactly what we were doing about a week ago. Then last Saturday morning, I found out he had experienced a very serious medical emergency. He gave it a tough fight but I hope right now he's laying a warm meadow surrounded by a never ending supply of lovesick 2 year old Gobblers. He'd probably miss a few but that always made for a good story anyways.  :TooFunny:

I'm gonna miss that fella. He was a good one who supported a lot of Michigan kids over the years without any fanfare. Rest easy buddy. Football Saturdays won't be the same.
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

Old Gobbler

My deepest condolences to his family and friends ...hang in there

This comes as a shock to me ...prayers sent
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Moore

I didn't realize he had passed, I will miss him dearly. He helped me with my callin on a mouth calls. We would talk for hours. The last time we talked was making my Kansas plans for next year and my last year's Merriam that I was finally able to harvest in the black hills. Rip Scott
[