OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

rng 200 seat

Started by Old Timer, March 01, 2023, 11:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Timer

For you guys that own this vest is the seat comfortable for long sits?

Guskie

I have no complaints with mine.

Lone Star Eastern

This will be my first season, but I've sat on it while scouting, totaling about two hours total sitting at different times, the longest of which was about 45 minutes.

I'll say the seat was extremely comfortable, and I love the best. I must admit though, the only other vest I've sat on was a $12 Magellan that had about half an inch worth of cheap foam seat.

FWIW, I think the seat is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Jeremy

I would assume that it's the same seat as the RNG 300. If so, it's about as good as any seat I've experienced on a vest. Now if you could attach a Hunt Comfort Fatboy to your vest, you'd have the most comfortable seat pad available. It wouldn't be as light weight, though.

Dtrkyman

Not great, I switched it out for a cabelas pad I had.

paboxcall

As others stated better than previous vests I've used. After an hour or two I'm ready / need to stretch and move, not a function of the padding but instead my own hips and lower back.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Old Timer

The reason I ask is I just got the Sitka. Nice vest but seat is like sitting on a board. Just thinking retro fit.

Lone Star Eastern

Quote from: Old Timer on March 01, 2023, 01:37:32 PM
The reason I ask is I just got the Sitka. Nice vest but seat is like sitting on a board. Just thinking retro fit.
Do you do a lot of walking (rng), or do you like to set up for a while?

Old Timer

I cover ground. then sit if im on a bird as long as it takes. I have a comfortable vest but gets hot when i am moving. I am older and trying to go lighter and have the butt comfort, a hard thing to do. Last vest I tired couple weeks back was the badlands. Comfortable for the sit but not comfortable to wear.

Lone Star Eastern

I was going to suggest removing the seat, and getting a light chair with a strap. Those can be very comfortable, but then again, more to carry.

For me, I liked the low profile of the rng as opposed to a traditional vest. Light and minimalist.

bbcoach

Ridge Strutter

The seat is great for about 30 minutes.  A larger seat is needed for longer sits.  Not more cushion, as it has plenty, but more surface area.  Pressure has to be spread out.

Tandin93

I'm very interested in this thread as well! I ordered a grounded 2.0 and got it in today and it is just a little much for what I am looking for in a vest. I think it's going to be a little warm for me, and it is heavier than I'd like. As far as storage and build quality goes, it is top notch! If you are someone who carries a lot into the woods with you, it would be perfect. I tend to only carry a few mouth calls, one pot call, a locator, call, and a few other miscellaneous items. Not really a "kitchen sink" guy. Lol.

I am thinking of picking up a Sitka vest, but my only drawback was the seat. If I could retrofit some thing that worked well, I think it would be a home run for me! Let me know if you find something that works!

Old Timer

Quote from: Tandin93 on March 15, 2023, 09:58:24 PM
I'm very interested in this thread as well! I ordered a grounded 2.0 and got it in today and it is just a little much for what I am looking for in a vest. I think it's going to be a little warm for me, and it is heavier than I'd like. As far as storage and build quality goes, it is top notch! If you are someone who carries a lot into the woods with you, it would be perfect. I tend to only carry a few mouth calls, one pot call, a locator, call, and a few other miscellaneous items. Not really a "kitchen sink" guy. Lol.

I am thinking of picking up a Sitka vest, but my only drawback was the seat. If I could retrofit some thing that worked well, I think it would be a home run for me! Let me know if you find something that works!

Decided to run the Sitka this year. If the seat does not work out I will retrofit.

Tandin93

Quote from: Old Timer on March 15, 2023, 11:03:50 PM
Quote from: Tandin93 on March 15, 2023, 09:58:24 PM

Decided to run the Sitka this year. If the seat does not work out I will retrofit.

I think I'm going to do the same. Post some pics up if you end up retrofitting a seat!