turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Burris FF3 Battery Cover Issues?

Started by BDeal, February 28, 2023, 09:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

I bought two FF3's. One for my son and one for me. I tried to get the battery cover on the first one with the battery that came with it and it was pointless. I ended up doing some searching online and found many recommending the Duracell CR1632 battery so I bought several. The cap actually went on one of them pretty easily with the Duracell battery but will not go on the other. I've tried spinning counterclockwise first to line up the threads but it just doesn't want to go on. It will go on with no battery in the compartment. Any suggestions here? I did contact Burris and am waiting to hear back from them as well. I do have to say that the design for the battery cap is garbage. I hope if something is stripped it is just the cover and not the  threads on the sight itself.

Thank You!

gobblers roost

Are u using the screw driver in the box?

Tail Feathers

Only fix I heard of was Duracell.  Hmmm.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

jhoward11

They are troublesome at times. I have 2 also and had a little trouble getting one started. Seems like there's a magic spot that get's them going on. It could really be better set up. Hopefully someone from Burris checks out OG and changes something. Can't remember what exact battery I used, but both were the same. Will be changing out those batteries in the next couple weeks. So anger issues to come.

Greg Massey

BDeal

Quote from: gobblers roost on February 28, 2023, 09:31:11 AM
Are u using the screw driver in the box?

I tried several different screwdrivers from very narrow to very wide....

Number17

I don't use a screwdriver because you can't get on the cover straight with the hood in the way. Make sure it's visibly laying flat, press down with your finger and twist it in with friction.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Greg Massey

My best conclusion to this problem for myself.  I want buy another one of them FF3 ... IMO....

BDeal

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 28, 2023, 10:47:05 AM
My best conclusion to this problem for myself.  I want buy another one of them FF3 ... IMO....

I would agree Greg. I certainly won't be buying another. This is ridiculous.

BDeal

Burris is sending me a new cap. They said that usually solves the problem.

topnotch

:I called them last year and they know there's an issue.
After several attempts it went on.
Other than that it's the best optics lve ever had on a shotgun.

mudhen

I use a dab of choke tube grease on the threads, no issues now...
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Tom007

I have 3 of these and am lucky to have no issues using the Duracell battery....

Turkeytaker203

I have three Fastfire 3 sights and always use the Duracell batteries but I also remove the o-ring. It seems to let the cap drop farther down before I start to tighten. Since I use a rubber cover over the sight until it's showtime, I feel I'm ok without the o-ring.

Yoder409

Quote from: topnotch on February 28, 2023, 10:07:28 PM
:I called them last year and they know there's an issue.
After several attempts it went on.
Other than that it's the best optics lve ever had on a shotgun.

^^^^^
This.  But they ARE a pain in the hind end......
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.