OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old Gobbler Forum / Pretty Special / Information / Shannon Comment

Started by Greg Massey, February 25, 2023, 11:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Share a little information about this great forum. Old Gobbler is the most trafficked turkey hunting domain on the net with more readers than Turkey and Turkey Hunting Magazine or the NWTF magazine or other related forums. In the peak of March the forum will peak out with over 300 members + online at any given time.  Guests come and go with members typically spending more time online than non members and MOST IMPORTANTLY POST CONTENT.  I feel Shannon needs a big round of Applause / Thank You for ALL his hard work behind the scenes with patch sales and moderating this forum so we can read and enjoy and share content.. This is OUR Forum / Family ... Old Gobbler

1iagobblergetter

I agree! Shannon and his wife do a Great job..Best hunting site hands down..Great to know if your on the honest side hes got your back..Naughty you'll get the one two punch and the boot..Thanks for everything you do!!!

Tom007

It's not easy to run a site of this magnitude, Kudos to Shannon and his wife for doing a superlative job ALL the way around! We all thank you!

Dtrkyman

One of the better run forums around these days, I enjoy it.

Nicely done OG crew!

310 gauge

Goes without saying that this site supplies what I need to feed my addiction by keeping me up to date on news/views now and my ability to research way old posts from members I feel are the most knowledgeable  and worthy to read. Doesn't take long to realize who can "walk the walk" and are "click" worthy.  Anytime you see the guests outnumber the members by 2 or 3 times when you visit, then you know you are supplying both wants and needs. And as awesome a site as it is now, just wait till he retires and then can devote more time to our cravings...LOL!!!   Thanks you two!!!

gobrunner

This is a great forum Shannon thank you for all you do.  I have purchase a few calls from members and they are all great to deal with and talk to.

mikejd

I will say that of all the forums I visit this is the most enjoyable and well run. Also nicest group of guys.

tal

bbcoach

I TOTALLY agree with ALL that has been said.  BEST RUN and BEST FAMILY ATMOSPHERE I've ever been a part of!  15 years and Going Strong!  Thanks So Much from All of Us to You!!!!

GobbleNut

I totally and whole-heartedly agree with the sentiments expressed above.  The only thing I'm confused about still is how a few of us have managed to not get booted off yet...   ;D :angel9: :toothy9: :newmascot:

Notsoyoungturk

I think Shannon and his rules are the reason.  Be Nice.  Relative newbys, like me, are thirsty for knowledge but often scared people will make fun of them because of something they don't know.  All my interactions with members have been positive learning experiences.  Thanks for making such a great site.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

jmart241

Same as everyone has said outstanding site great people here Thanks Shannon and your wife for all your work and effort into this

JeffC

Thank you Shannon and Mrs. OG, and too all my fellow Turkey fanatics on this awesome site. This site runs so well because we all care, we all take pride in keeping this site family friendly and open to all newcomers. Sure, there always a few bumps in the road, but this place is number 1 for a reason!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Turkeybutt

Ditto on everything that has been said. Best site ever!

aclawrence

Thanks Shannon for such a great forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk