OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Franchi Affinity 3 Turkey Cycling Issues?

Started by BDeal, February 13, 2023, 04:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDeal

Unfortunately I shot it so a refund is not an option. I am sending it to Franchi for service. Brand new gun that doesn't work. I won't be buying another Franchi that's for sure but hopefully they will get it working correctly.

Bingoman

Quote from: Ondavirg on February 14, 2023, 09:30:21 AM
The shell loading issue can be fixed without a gunsmith.  I did it after watching it on YouTube, and I'm certainly no smith.  Basically you remove the latch holding the shells in the magazine tube and bend it slightly.

Can you link the video? I'd like to check it out

Greg Massey

Quote from: Bingoman on February 14, 2023, 10:19:06 AM

Quote from: Ondavirg on February 14, 2023, 09:30:21 AM
The shell loading issue can be fixed without a gunsmith.  I did it after watching it on YouTube, and I'm certainly no smith.  Basically you remove the latch holding the shells in the magazine tube and bend it slightly.

Can you link the video? I'd like to check it out
Not necessarily a trick but you can also push that latch out of the way with your finger and unload the magazine tube ...

sixbird

Be sure the bolt is all the way closed. Sometimes bolt not being firmly closed will cause shells to be hard to load.
I'm sure you're frustrated but don't give up on it. You have a good gun there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ondavirg

BDeal

Quote from: sixbird on February 14, 2023, 12:47:42 PM
Be sure the bolt is all the way closed. Sometimes bolt not being firmly closed will cause shells to be hard to load.
I'm sure you're frustrated but don't give up on it. You have a good gun there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like most have a better experience but I wouldn't call it a good gun. Two Franchis and both were garbage. It will be for sale once i get it working right and I will never buy another.

BDeal

I received the gun back from Bennelli. They replaced the forend. It seems to be working so far. I still wish I would have bought the Mossberg.