OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hide Or Be Seen

Started by Archivist13, February 10, 2023, 05:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottTaulbee

For me, if they are in gun range, I'll give them a loud, "hey, how's it going" and not move. If they are 75+ yards, I just try to back out and go to another area unseen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archivist13

Quote from: ScottTaulbee on February 11, 2023, 12:53:22 PM
For me, if they are in gun range, I'll give them a loud, "hey, how's it going" and not move. If they are 75+ yards, I just try to back out and go to another area unseen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that is what i do exactly. 

the Ward

Quote from: runngun on February 11, 2023, 11:54:11 AM
Maybe start playing "Dueling Banjos" on your phone!!!! Squel like a pig BOY!!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
:TooFunny: That should do it!

Ihuntoldschool

Holler at him/her without making any movement.
"Hey I'm a hunter I'm over here".
No turkey is worth getting shot over.
Read some of the accounts on here from members who have been shot turkey hunting.

And remember your safety rules. Never wear anything red, white, or blue as these colors are associated with a gobblers head colors. 

Uncle Tom

Always whistle and let him know hunter over here. He could circle and be on you again and you a target later. A young inexperienced hunter you  never know what they will do....or someone that will take a shot at that stump sitting there. I cannot sit there and do nothing knowing someone else in the area I am hunting. I may want to move and then you don't know where he is at. Best to not hunt at all where you seeing other hunters in area. I like to feel as safe as possible and if a stranger in my area I do not feel safe and will avoid.

eggshell

A little of both here. I will yell or make a crappy owl hoot, like say hooty hoo real loud, it may lead to a conversation or me just leaving. I usually will be getting as far away as fast as I can. NO DAMN turkey is worth it, period, for me. My anxiety level is high if I even hear a hunter calling in the area, I leave. Most of you know why my anxiety level is so high around other hunters, no need to bring up old nightmares.

Yoder409

If someone walks in on my setup, it's a guarantee I will be seen..........because ain't NOBODY that's not hunting WITH ME has permission to be there.

But, I will be heard first.  Probably a loud "Just what the (bleep) are you doing here ???" followed by and in depth discussion of the outcome of their stupidity.    :toothy12:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Howieg

I like living on the edge , I gobble at them !:)
    Joking of course. Normally hoot or whistle at a approaching hunter .