OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Playing Trumpets /Water

Started by Greg Massey, February 08, 2023, 01:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

I see right NOW one water bottle isn't going to cut it this turkey season with these trumpets. I might need a 5 gallon water keg, creek or spring and a case of gum...I can see myself NOW buying several cases of bottled water and placing them all over the farm ...    :TooFunny:

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Greg Massey

Quote from: davisd9 on February 08, 2023, 02:07:18 PM
Why?
Just for keeping my mouth moist and i drink lots of water anyway ... I'm not as young as some of you guys ... LOL..

crow

Yeah Davis, not everybody's as full of spit as your dentist says you are  :TooFunny:

mountainhunter1

Quote from: crow on February 08, 2023, 02:26:59 PM
Yeah Davis, not everybody's as full of spit as your dentist says you are  :TooFunny:

LOL

I may have opened a can of worms with my question earlier this week. I have paid more attention after asking about this and have noticed that my playing is not perfect either when I first get up in the morning. I tried to play immediately after getting up yesterday and while I could do it, it left a lot to be desired compared to what I usually experience.
So, I called my doctor this morning, and he said to drink more donkey urine.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

wyetterp

I already added dromedary bag & bite valve to my vest & bought a big stash of butterscotch, peppermints & strawberry hard candies. 

Might even add a little bottle of hot sauce where my hooter goes.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

EZ

troutfisher13111

Drinking lots of water here in the winter is really important. It gets so dry it sucks the moisture out of everything including your skin and lips. I have found the chapstick helps as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on February 08, 2023, 02:33:51 PM
Quote from: crow on February 08, 2023, 02:26:59 PM

LOL

I may have opened a can of worms with my question earlier this week. I have paid more attention after asking about this and have noticed that my playing is not perfect either when I first get up in the morning. I tried to play immediately after getting up yesterday and while I could do it, it left a lot to be desired compared to what I usually experience.
So, I called my doctor this morning, and he said to drink more donkey urine.
We sold our donkey ... all we have is one old Jack A and his no regular ... hard times in the country ...

paboxcall

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

tal

I've heard stories of old timer's relieving themselves in a yelper so it would play better. I'm not even going to ask what a hooter is. I'm striking hot sauce off the menu.

EZ

Well, I see this took a turn for the worse, lol!!!

TAL, please don't pee in that Jordan  :o

tal

:TooFunny:  Only synthetics in my most humble opinion.

Greg Massey

You guys are always hijacking my post ... LOL...

tal

Apologies, crow made me do it.   :angel2:  EZ gets a pass, I got to stay on his good side.