OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Playing Trumpets /Water

Started by Greg Massey, February 08, 2023, 01:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

Quote from: tal on February 08, 2023, 05:14:34 PM
I've heard stories of old timer's relieving themselves in a yelper so it would play better. I'm not even going to ask what a hooter is. I'm striking hot sauce off the menu.

:TooFunny:

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tarheel

How do you think the old-times got that rasp out of their yelpers?  Gives those clucks more pop!!! Also, an empty bladder allows you to use that diaphragm to draw air smoother.......

crow

Besides water I carry coconut water, it has electrolytes like gator aid but without all the sugar.
I'd like to find a little filtration bottle to carry, that would be a lot lighter than packing around a bunch of water.

hot sauce? I don't even carry La. hot sauce sardines when I hunt

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Terry on February 08, 2023, 03:07:04 PM
Drinking lots of water here in the winter is really important. It gets so dry it sucks the moisture out of everything including your skin and lips. I have found the chapstick helps as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have thought about using chapstick before running a trumpet.  I actually did it once and I felt like it helped.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

troutfisher13111

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on February 08, 2023, 08:21:16 PM
Quote from: Terry on February 08, 2023, 03:07:04 PM
Drinking lots of water here in the winter is really important. It gets so dry it sucks the moisture out of everything including your skin and lips. I have found the chapstick helps as well.

I have thought about using chapstick before running a trumpet.  I actually did it once and I felt like it helped.

I don't have it on while playing. I use it throughout the winter to keep my lips from getting chapped so I can maintain a good seal. I don't have wet lips when I play, I just can't have dry skin

Sir-diealot

I keep at least 1 gallon of purified water in each blind and 3 in the truck during turkey season, one in the truck is to drink and the others are taken to the blinds as needed. I also carry a can of spearmint Altoids dumped into one of the satchels that a call comes in so that it won't make noise in my backpack.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

troutfisher13111

Greg, I think I'm confused. I know if my lips get chapped in the winter I struggle with a seal. So drinking water and wearing chapstick helps keep my  lips normal. What do you use water for?

Greg Massey

Quote from: Terry on February 11, 2023, 03:26:19 PM
Greg, I think I'm confused. I know if my lips get chapped in the winter I struggle with a seal. So drinking water and wearing chapstick helps keep my  lips normal. What do you use water for?

Nothing other than keeping my mouth wet ... I drink a lot of water ...  But i do use the Carmex for my lips .. I like it better than chapstick and it doesn't melt like chapstick ... Get you one of those tubes of Carmex ... i carry them in all my hunting packs and turkey Satchel ... it also works great for a squeaky spring on a box call...