OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tom Kelly Tenth Legion

Started by Ben1100mag, February 08, 2023, 11:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben1100mag

I have a copy of The Tenth Legion for sale.

$125  shipped

Ben

Big Jeremy

Posted earlier...point from Ranger taken. Should have kept my fingers in my pocket. Still, rules are rules. The low post number, lack of a profile pic, and it being a book listed in the turkey call classifieds made me suspicious. I do not, however, have any personal reason to not trust the OP. I regret posting what I did initially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie234

Quote from: Big Jeremy on February 08, 2023, 11:45:49 AM
32 posts. Beware.

There should be a requirement to have your picture as your avatar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ranger

Should be a requirement to have a little more faith in our fellow man.  A quick look at this man's posts shows hes posted pictures of wingbones made from his son's kill before.  Not everyone has the post count of Sir-Diealot but that doesn't mean they're automatically a scammer. 

And yes I've read the rules and know what happens out there, but let's not let the few bad apples ruin our perception of people in a sport that's filled with a majority of fine people.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Ben1100mag

Excuse me if i did something incorrect. I have been on this site for many years as Bencattin until my computer crashed and I could not get that user name to work.  I will leave it up to the Mods and remove the post if required.

Hevishot 13

I'm on here everyday, but very rarely post unless I'm looking for a call or selling a call. Some folks have a lot to say but could benefit from saying less and listening more.

silvestris

Quote from: Hevishot 13 on February 08, 2023, 05:51:57 PM
I'm on here everyday, but very rarely post unless I'm looking for a call or selling a call. Some folks have a lot to say but could benefit from saying less and listening more.

You got that one right.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Ben1100mag

I will delete my Post and my account.   

Ranger

Please don't do that good man, they just overreacted and trying to look out for scammers. Not worth that Ben, fellow even said he assumed wrong and changed his comment.  If I didn't have 3 copies I'd buy it myself
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Big Jeremy

I second ranger. Stick around.

crow

Stick around, don't leave over something like this.

wingbone men are few and far between, make some more and post some pics

Far2low

Definitely stick around, I've posted a few callers for sale with my low post number..... the mods probably hate me.... But most memebers know me personally

25_06

I agree,
A low post count should have no bearing on the character of a person.
Just my two cents.

Bryan

runngun

Ain't no need to run off. This is a great place to hang out.

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

crow

Quote from: 25_06 on February 10, 2023, 12:20:04 PM
I agree,
A low post count should have no bearing on the character of a person.
Just my two cents.

Bryan

Well yes and no, there is a lot of scamming going on everywhere so a new member with low post count is an unknown. odds are they are just like us, but it's better to have some rules and keep the classified open

Someone like Ben1100 whose been here 4plus years with quality posts, common sense would be it's doubtful he's been waiting for years just to spring a 100.00 scam on us.

I hope He sticks around