only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NEW VEST FROM MOSSY OAK

Started by REBELYELL, February 07, 2023, 04:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoeger_bird

Quote from: Howieg on February 12, 2023, 07:53:13 PM
Quote from: Kyle_Ott on February 12, 2023, 07:48:18 PM
The Fox vest is to commemorate an iconic man who is deeply loved by his family, who's values have positively impacted the local community, defined the company of Mossy Oak and shaped its brand.  It will be one of the tangible representations of a legacy that will undoubtedly live on through family, friends, and Mossy Oak.

You can debate the layout of the vest and it's appeal to your personal preferences but you cannot debate the efforts that Mossy Oak makes to educate, inform and enhance the outdoor community.  That's a direct reflection of Mr. Fox and this vest, just like the Dixon Vest, is a worthy tribute from the folks at Mossy Oak to one of their own.

We should all aspire have such an honor bestowed upon us.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'm able to put my hands on one.  There is far more demand than there is supply.
Well said ^^
Damn man don't forget to wipe the Haas juice off your face.
T.W.D.W.D.

runngun

There is no need to wipe anything off his face.  He was just giving a great description of a human being by being a great human being AR the same time. 
I definitely believe that was uncalled for.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

kytrkyhntr

Kyle was right. Good point. But remember Kyle, people don't care that they're honoring their grandfather while he's still alive for all the conservation efforts. They'd rather complain about the price of something they weren't gonna buy anyway. Much easier to just complain about something that has nothing to do with you. They'd rather not realize someone's conservation efforts or the fact that one dude has done more for turkeys than anyone on this forum has ever thought about doing. No no they'd rather complain and tell you there old school, cut from a different cloth, and b**** about social media (all while typed on an online forum)

I hope I get one of those vests tho looks sweet to me.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

kytrkyhntr

Also surprised nobody's done the quick math and said how many turkey purses you can buy for that price??
Seeing as how that's what every thread about vests turns into.

Howieg

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 13, 2023, 07:34:31 AM
Kyle was right. Good point. But remember Kyle, people don't care that they're honoring their grandfather while he's still alive for all the conservation efforts. They'd rather complain about the price of something they weren't gonna buy anyway. Much easier to just complain about something that has nothing to do with you. They'd rather not realize someone's conservation efforts or the fact that one dude has done more for turkeys than anyone on this forum has ever thought about doing. No no they'd rather complain and tell you there old school, cut from a different cloth, and b**** about social media (all while typed on an online forum)

I agree .  I don't know mr fox , but I've hunted with ole cuz , and been around toxey a few times . They are just regular dudes that have done good for them selves and there family's . From what I understand mr fox has plaid a huge roll in re stocking and turkey conservation etc .
I'm also sure that mr fox had a lot to do with the financial start up of " mossy oak " .  I guess maybe it's just a southern thing , although I wear all kinds of camo , Nat gear / kuiu , mossy oak is part of my up bringing in the turkey woods if that makes sense?
Is this vest over priced ? I reckon tss / new shotguns / hunting gear in general ain't ??
    I'm sending some cash with a buddy to the convention and hope to get a # vest . 
   If you run across me in the timber while wearing my over priced " cool "  vest ? I'll still shake your hand even if your wearing a camo man purse !! Lol ... to each there own !

deerhunt1988

Quote from: vt35mag on February 12, 2023, 04:09:56 PM
Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 12, 2023, 09:44:50 AM
I'm not a cool kid and don't use a strap to carry them out. That's what a pouch on back is for, which this vest lacks.

Find it a bit odd we never really heard anything about Mr. Fox until a few years back when they started tracking his kill streak.
Pretty sure its there but you have to unzip a panel to expand it. The female clips at the top of the back of the vest should be for load stabilizing straps that are in the pouch when you unzip it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If there is, I may actually consider an unnumbered one as a viable option then. I listened to their podcast and they just mentioned how bloody the seat was on their prototype last spring from everyone carrying them out over the shoulder. They talked about carrying them out by the feet vs head. I just assumed it didn't have a place for one after that conversation and looking at the pics on website.

Another thing that isn't clear, are the unnumbered ones going to be $450 too? I surely hope not, as that is definitely out of the price range of your average turkey hunter. Also makes you wonder just how many unnumbered ones they are going to produce. The numbered ones, go ahead with the price. No problem selling out even if you made them $1,000.

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: Howieg on February 13, 2023, 08:01:39 AM
Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 13, 2023, 07:34:31 AM

I agree .  I don't know mr fox , but I've hunted with ole cuz , and been around toxey a few times . They are just regular dudes that have done good for them selves and there family's . From what I understand mr fox has plaid a huge roll in re stocking and turkey conservation etc .
I'm also sure that mr fox had a lot to do with the financial start up of " mossy oak " .  I guess maybe it's just a southern thing , although I wear all kinds of camo , Nat gear / kuiu , mossy oak is part of my up bringing in the turkey woods if that makes sense?
Is this vest over priced ? I reckon tss / new shotguns / hunting gear in general ain't ??
    I'm sending some cash with a buddy to the convention and hope to get a # vest . 
   If you run across me in the timber while wearing my over priced " cool "  vest ? I'll still shake your hand even if your wearing a camo man purse !! Lol ... to each there own !

Yep!

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Clayback on February 13, 2023, 08:56:46 AM
Great guy, who has done much to be respected for, but I am still not going to buy this overpriced turkey vest. I've honored the man and his family's company enough over the years with all the camo, including vests, I have bought off them. All my stuff is late 80's, early 90's and still very huntable. Best of all, it is USA made ;) No amount of money could buy the 2 original "strap" vests I still hunt to this day. There is nothing better made and lighter in my opinion. To each their own though. I don't begrudge them for marketing this vest. It's worth whatever someone is stupid enough to pay for it.
Like this? I love the thing, I'm looking for a couple more but no luck so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Clayback on February 13, 2023, 10:30:18 AM
Mine are same but have the camo straps. Believe they may have been before that one. Perfect vest in my opinion. I don't carry much, and what I do tote fits perfectly into it.
Same, I'm trying to find the next size up in case I need to layer under it and no dice yet. They seem pretty difficult to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PharmHunter

Quote from: Kyle_Ott on February 12, 2023, 07:48:18 PM
The Fox vest is to commemorate an iconic man who is deeply loved by his family, who's values have positively impacted the local community, defined the company of Mossy Oak and shaped its brand.  It will be one of the tangible representations of a legacy that will undoubtedly live on through family, friends, and Mossy Oak.

You can debate the layout of the vest and it's appeal to your personal preferences but you cannot debate the efforts that Mossy Oak makes to educate, inform and enhance the outdoor community.  That's a direct reflection of Mr. Fox and this vest, just like the Dixon Vest, is a worthy tribute from the folks at Mossy Oak to one of their own.

We should all aspire have such an honor bestowed upon us.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'm able to put my hands on one.  There is far more demand than there is supply.

Good post Kyle. 

Some make me think on Facebook more than OG, but I'm glad those folks don't want a vest quite frankly.   

To clear one thing up that I keep seeing on this thread...All of the vests will have the same leather straps from what I understand.  There will be no differences in the first 10 and the rest other than certain calls that will be auctioned directly with those vests.  I'd encourage anyone who Is interested to read all the info on Mossy Oak's website as well as listen to the Gamekeeper Podcast episode that both spell out and explain all of the Correct info/details and their goals with this vest. 

I personally find the history of The Dixon vest and this Fox vest to be an awesome part of turkey hunting and turkey hunting heritage.  I'll be happy to own one and plan to hunt mine for a long time.

Cmane08

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 13, 2023, 08:16:21 AM
Quote from: vt35mag on February 12, 2023, 04:09:56 PM
I'm not a cool kid and don't use a strap to carry them out. That's what a pouch on back is for, which this vest lacks.

Find it a bit odd we never really heard anything about Mr. Fox until a few years back when they started tracking his kill streak.
Pretty sure its there but you have to unzip a panel to expand it. The female clips at the top of the back of the vest should be for load stabilizing straps that are in the pouch when you unzip it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If there is, I may actually consider an unnumbered one as a viable option then. I listened to their podcast and they just mentioned how bloody the seat was on their prototype last spring from everyone carrying them out over the shoulder. They talked about carrying them out by the feet vs head. I just assumed it didn't have a place for one after that conversation and looking at the pics on website.

Another thing that isn't clear, are the unnumbered ones going to be $450 too? I surely hope not, as that is definitely out of the price range of your average turkey hunter. Also makes you wonder just how many unnumbered ones they are going to produce. The numbered ones, go ahead with the price. No problem selling out even if you made them $1,000.

I saw where a fellow that should know said there would be around 3300 total (numbered and un).  And I'm betting they'll be the same price but I haven't seen that for sure.

dzsmith

Quote from: Clayback on February 12, 2023, 04:34:32 PM

You are obviously not a Southern Turkey Hunter ;D
I am, and when i was kid, we only had local channels, had no idea what a "PRO...fessional" even was....
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Trumpetyelper

bbcoach

HookedonHooks

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on February 13, 2023, 08:16:21 AM

The Mossy Oak boys at the convention said around 3500 vests total, all vest will be $450. The ones without numbers will not have the optional purchase of matching #'d custom Mr. Fox Apex ammo to go with them. They aren't forcing the purchase of the ammo, but it's assumed as apart of the original run of #'d vests making the price $525 out the gate for those rather than the baseline $450. There also a few calls, a CODY Green Machine only 400 of those for convention vests for extra $75, Rolling Thunder pot is $100, Primos box call is $100, Quaker Boy is $50. After tax for the vest, and all the publicly released calls you're looking at around $1000.