All approximations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutfisher13111

Quote from: ol bob on January 31, 2023, 04:06:34 PM
My green delrin Adj. trumpet.
I'd like to see that...

troutfisher13111

Trumpet for me. Last couple years it has started to approach 100%. Works for me and I enjoy it.

Turkeytaker203

100% pot call, I have a MAD Smokin' glass that has million yelps run through it and I'm hoping for a million more! When I want to change up, I use a Woodhaven Cherry Classic.

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Happy

Mouth call, followed by a wingbone or trumpet and then a pot call.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

paboxcall

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

WV Flopper

Like a Ball team that is up by forty with 3 minutes to go in the game...I then put the mouth call in the game. Slate call is first string unless rain or Florida high humidity.

I like a slate.

TJR

Long box and trumpet. Usually pull out a pot call to fiddle with on the rare occasion I'm setup blind calling.

mcw3734

When set up and anything I'm talking to within a hundred yards: 100% diaphragm
When walking and trying to strike up a bird: 80% pot, 20% diaphragm

I used to only carry a single diaphragm (plus a backup buried in the pack). Did well with it. No movement, cheap and weatherproof. Why would you need anything more? However, I've come to really value the pot call for reaching out.

InmemoryofLMC

David Hollaran Metal Mouth II and Top Shelf Ceramic are my go to. Finish the deal with ghost cut mouth call.
2 SAMUEL 22:3-4 The God of my rock; in him will I trust

bwhana

Great topic OP and surprising responses based on the affinity of box and pot calls in general on the site. I would have expected a more even mix.

I am 90% diaphragm 10% trumpet, but I have a few new calls from Unicoi that may change that mix this spring.

Gooserbat

Mouth call for sure, not to say that I've never used others.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Spitten and drummen

What ever the birds want to hear that particular day
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Flatbottomarky

Mouth call almost exclusively. Have killed a few wit other calls, I do use a glass call to locate later in the day quite a bit. Question for everyone who carries a box, how do you keep it silent while carrying it, holster, rubber bands, or one of the specific silencers. I've never been able to carry one much without it making noise.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk