News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pants.....

Started by 357MAGNOLE, January 19, 2023, 08:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stick

Quote from: Tom007 on January 21, 2023, 07:14:03 AM
Ol' Tom Bottomland pants. They have a stretch material, padded knees  and real nice pocket setup. They wear like iron, have used them for few years now. Good thing is they do not fade when washed, and shed water somewhat....

These are my go to pants also.  I removed the knee pads and have wear them during deer season also. 
I have some of the Mossy Oak Tibbee Flex pants also and no issues with wear or buttons on either.  Both of these are great for warm weather and if it's cool I just wear a light base layer under them. 

WV Flopper

The Ol Tom pants also have a reinforced seat which I like. Cool in warm weather and dry quickly, so far seem to be pretty durable. I have used them two seasons now, no issue, they are a little pricey.

Did tare a new Ol Tom shirt last season on the last day of season crawling through some shale. I think I paid 70-80$ bucks for the shirt, it is still usable, good reminder that I need to get that fixed. The shirts I love, have several in different patterns, very comfortable, cool, dry quickly. Did have trouble with deodorant turning the Mossy Oak almost white under the arms. A wash fixed it and it does not seem to be stained from it.

Duluth makes the toughest pair of blue jeans I have ever owned!!! They aint cheap, but the next jeans I buy will be Duluth Coolmax again.

aclawrence

I just ordered a pair of the Duluth Firehose bottomland pants. Duluth is having a 40% off sale today so the total tax and all was $62.99. I ordered the slims because I'm short and relaxed fit is usually pretty baggy on me. I'll report back with how they fit. I love the Wrangler hiking pants and I have pair of Nomad Stretch lites that have been great. I hope these fit well. I did see one review that the camo pants are made in a different country than the other firehose pants and were not as good of a quality. I'll update when I get them in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Ridge Reaper

I just order a pair of the slim and standard will send what I don't like back..I'm very curious about them tho.

I still think the best pants ever made was the nomad in greenleaf when they done em the first year..I have been looking for another paid for almost a year now..did find out they changed material blah blah blah

Jmillwood21

I have a pair of the kuiu kutana pant I've been wearing 3 seasons. Briar busting and all and they still look in good shape with no tears.

aclawrence

I just received the new Duluth firehouse pant in the mail and I made a quick first impressions video. Stay tuned and I'll see if can get it uploaded. I think I'm going to like them.

WV Ridge Reaper

I just got mine as well,I'm sending the slim ones back..I do like how they fit and move with you..excited to give em a try this spring

Jbird22

Would love to hear more opinions from those who went with the Duluth pants.

aclawrence

Here you go. Somehow I managed to ramble on for 9 minutes about these pants that I've only worn for thirty minutes lol. I didn't mention the noise. They're a little noisy from the stiffer fabric but I expect that to go away with a little use or a wash.

https://youtu.be/O5Mik4poUmc

Bingoman

Another vote for the Duluth standard fit. The pockets are well thought out, good and stretchy too. Don't tell anyone how good the briar pants are either please.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Jbird22

Quote from: aclawrence on January 30, 2023, 10:37:28 PM
Here you go. Somehow I managed to ramble on for 9 minutes about these pants that I've only worn for thirty minutes lol. I didn't mention the noise. They're a little noisy from the stiffer fabric but I expect that to go away with a little use or a wash.

Thanks for the video. I have Drake pants for cooler weather that I like but their lightweight pants don't fit the same. I like the look of those Nomads. What size do you wear in them?

aclawrence

My Nomads say Medium on the tag. I wear a 32 in my jeans and Wrangler hiking pants. I wish I had two more pairs of them just to have on hand. I need to pick up a pair in Obsession to. They're just so expensive. I've got to start saving for gas money!

paboxcall

So the cargo pocket flaps on the Duluth are velcro and not buttons? That's a pass for me then.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Gooserbat

Honestly if you want tough get some mil spec bdu pants from what ever brand you choose. I like multi cam for a pattern but it really doesn't matter.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Jordan121787

Quote from: paboxcall on January 31, 2023, 08:38:18 PM

So the cargo pocket flaps on the Duluth are velcro and not buttons? That's a pass for me then.

I thought the same, but they are so nice that I may just get them switched to buttons or magnets.