turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pants.....

Started by 357MAGNOLE, January 19, 2023, 08:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

357MAGNOLE

Who in your opinion puts out the best quality pants for turkey hunting? Preferably in Bottomland or Greenleaf.

I have worn out 2 sets of pants directly from Mossy oak in the past two seasons, they are just cheap material and cheaply put together. Buttons don't hold up etc. I just purchased a leafy jacket and head gear from North Mountain. Hopefully, it can last me some years, I am looking for pants that will hold up like a good pair of jeans would. Really don't care what they cost if they are going to get me 10 years of usage.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Spring Creek Calls

I was in this position several years ago and went with Sitka Mountain Pants. Priced like a high dollar box call but perfect for me. Stretchy material with lots of pockets with good zippers and snap closures, no velcro. After 5 or 6 years they show little sign of wear. Not gonna find them in your camo patterns.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Paulmyr

Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

3bailey3

Different camo patters that I have grown the like but I love the way Kuiu fit, great button, very durable, and a great fit. Going my fourth season with them and they are holding up great. 

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: Paulmyr on January 19, 2023, 10:05:54 AM
I haven't tried them myself but a they come highly recommended by a seasoned traveling turkey I heard on recent podcast.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/men/collections/fire-hose-workwear?feature=mtnfirehose&limit=18&refine=c_productClassification%3DOveralls%7CPants%7CShorts&refine=c_refinementColor%3DMulti&sort=best-matches

THANK YOU!!!! Great suggestion. They where discounted down on the website for the relaxed fit at $74 and there was a 20% off code online T22PC11 if anyone else wants to use it. Got the pants ordered for $63.88 shipped.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

bigdrumnc

I got the full set of duluth bottom land camo during the holidays.   Incredibly well made like the rest of their stuff.  I have worn the more expensive brand (not naming names). It didn't hold up and the pattern is horrible for Eastern North Carolina.   

Jordan121787

Quote from: 357MAGNOLE on January 19, 2023, 11:47:54 AM
Quote from: Paulmyr on January 19, 2023, 10:05:54 AM
I haven't tried them myself but a they come highly recommended by a seasoned traveling turkey I heard on recent podcast.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/men/collections/fire-hose-workwear?feature=mtnfirehose&limit=18&refine=c_productClassification%3DOveralls%7CPants%7CShorts&refine=c_refinementColor%3DMulti&sort=best-matches

THANK YOU!!!! Great suggestion. They where discounted down on the website for the relaxed fit at $74 and there was a 20% off code online T22PC11 if anyone else wants to use it. Got the pants ordered for $63.88 shipped.

Don't get the relaxed fit. Get the standard. Relax fit is super baggy. I love these pants.

turkeygod4

For lightweight pants, I love Nomads Stretch Lite Pant. A pair will run you $100 but i find them on sale pretty regularly for $50 to $75.

RMP

Bass Pro Shop's Silent Hide pants are some of the best I've ever come across.  Very well made and with good pocket snaps.  They are in their propriety True Timber camo patterns, but they have one that is very Mossy Oak Obssession like.

Mossy Oak brand offered pants that I think were outstanding.  I don't see those exact pants on their site anymore.  I think they were unlined Cotton Mill 2.0.  They are outstanding as BPS Silent Hide, and had a little, grippy, soft rubber strip on the inside of the waist band that helped keep them from slipping down. 

Kylongspur88

As far as durability the surplus bdu's with cross stitching have stood up and are pretty cheap. Bought a pair of carhart pants in advantage last fall and they held up great through deer season and fall turkey. I'll get several years out of them.

TauntoHawk

Not bottomland but I'm a fan of kuiu katana pants and pattern which are well suited for warm active hunts. also like first lite sawbuck pants if you're hunting in thicker areas

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tom007

Ol' Tom Bottomland pants. They have a stretch material, padded knees  and real nice pocket setup. They wear like iron, have used them for few years now. Good thing is they do not fade when washed, and shed water somewhat....
"Solo hunter"

aclawrence

I've been wearing a pair of Nomad Stretch Lite pants for a few seasons now and they have held up very well. I wear them deer hunting also so they've gotten a lot of use. For a lighter weight hiking style pant they are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wchadw

Quote from: aclawrence on January 21, 2023, 07:39:29 AM
I've been wearing a pair of Nomad Stretch Lite pants for a few seasons now and they have held up very well. I wear them deer hunting also so they've gotten a lot of use. For a lighter weight hiking style pant they are great.

I got same. Great in hot weather. They have held up better than most and have not faded or torn

cuttinAR

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on January 19, 2023, 08:58:19 AM
I was in this position several years ago and went with Sitka Mountain Pants. Priced like a high dollar box call but perfect for me. Stretchy material with lots of pockets with good zippers and snap closures, no velcro. After 5 or 6 years they show little sign of wear. Not gonna find them in your camo patterns.

I wore Sitka pants for the first time last year.  They are shredded from walking through greenbriar.  Normal turkey hunting here in the south and absolutely feel apart.  I called Sitka and they sent me some patches.  Terrible pants.