OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Camo Pattern for Spring Gobblers

Started by double drops, January 17, 2023, 03:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill_Prater

Most of my 40 plus years of chasing turkey, whatever pattern happened to be in my size on the clearance rack.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

RustyBarrels

Oddly enough, I use predator fall brown for the spring woods. Also Asat.
There's something much different in the eyes and body language when a bird/deer looks at me when I wear those patterns. The difference in reaction certainly has built my confidence.

Flatbottomarky

Usually some mix of natgear and mossy oak, whatever isn't wet that day.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Neill_Prater on January 19, 2023, 09:37:21 PM
Most of my 40 plus years of chasing turkey, whatever pattern happened to be in my size on the clearance rack.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
I chuckled and realized every pair of camo pants I own was bought on sale except a pair of Ol Tom that are my favorite pair.  Shirts?  I've often paid full price, but not pants.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Kylongspur88

Mix and match. Totally depends on temperature and how many leaves are out. Old bdu pants and an old mossy oak leafy top a lot of the time. I've also killed them in carhart bibs and an old real tree jacket. Killed a bow bird years ago wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. As long as your sitting still and reasonably blended in it doesn't really matter

Twowithone

Old Woodland pattern I wear it all the way up in late archery/muzzy season.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

grayfox

Realtree AP. Blends in about as well as anything where I hunt.

kyturkeyhunter4

springtime_overland

8-10 years ago, I bought pants/shirt in Mossy Oak brush on clearance at Academy. Killed many turkeys in that suit, and it seemed to blend in really well. Last winter, I found some more on clearance and bought 5 suits.. I wear it early season and switch to Obsession or green leaf later in the year.. 

Nothing matches the ground and the base of a tree early season better than Mossy Oak Brush IMO..

Bagg-it Tag-it

I mix and match a lot. My old stuff is advantage and various mossy oaks....as I have bought new stuff...I have bought first lite and use their gear because of the fit and function. I like their fusion. However, I also wear alot of solid khaki and OD green pants with a leafy suit up top. Drab colors in general. I sometimes hunt in drab solids up top as well and I really can't tell that it has made me less effective.

troutfisher13111

This year I'll be wearing Specter and Cipher from First Lite. However my all time favorite is Mossy Oak Forest Floor. Wish they'd bring that back out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sswv

spring gobbler hunted for 7/8 years before I ever owned any camo and then it was the old woodland camo and ever since, it's been mix & match. I do prefer the lighter colors even in the fall.

Notsoyoungturk

Mostly bottomland with a mix of Mossy Oak Obsession
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear