turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What is the weather like where you are

Started by MattM, December 21, 2022, 12:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard black

Anywhere from 12-20" of snow with 50-55 mph winds. Just great.

Yoder409

39 degrees and raining hard.  JUST about to go to total crap, here.  It's already 10 degrees colder than here in the next county to the west..........

Blah !!!!    :character0029:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Vintage

-8 deg 5 inch of snow and Breezy. Not Turkey hunting weather.

jhoward11

Friday morning in southern In. -7 w 30 mph winds. Good news though...UV index is at 0 today.:) Shepherds are rolling around in the snow like it's 60 deg. Chickens don't seem to care one way or the other. Guess I'm the only one that's cold!

ol bob

Wind blowing about 20 MPH, and colder than a mother in laws love.

Yoder409

In the last 3 hours it's dropped from 39 degrees to 6 degrees and still going down.  Snowing like a mother and the winds are in the low 60's mph.   

Yuck.......
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tail Feathers

I think we got into the below zero wind chill range.  Not sure that's ever happened here.  Near record cold and 25-30 mph wind makes for a cold night.  And out power went out for 7 hours last night.   :o
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

turkey stew

-4 at the moment with a windchill at - 28+! Not looking forward to night time temps.!

Sir-diealot

It'll be single digits by morning it gets 60 mph wind gusts sleet snow and hail.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Yoder409

Quote from: silvestris on December 23, 2022, 03:38:10 PM
Dang global warming.

I know !!!    Right ???

If this global warming don't let up soon, we're all gonna freeze to death...............
PA elitist since 1979

the Ward

Currently sitting at -2, supposed to hit -4 tonight about 3:00 am. Hovered around 0 most of the day
with a pretty good wind. I was outside for a bit and it didn't feel that bad when i shoveled off the walks.
We only got a little bit of snow, maybe 1-2 inches. I'd rather have it cold and crunchy than have the wet snow for sure. Stay safe and warm everyone!

PaLmbHngr

Today the high hit 82, but will be dropping over the weekend into the 50's. That's winter in south Florida.

Happy

-8 with high winds same as yesterday. The radio says the wind chill is at -25. We usually get a day or four like this every year.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club