OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Steve Lumma Trumpet

Started by Greg Massey, December 20, 2022, 05:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Does anyone have one of his trumpets? What do you think of it overall?   Sound etc....

Bedge7767

I have a few. He makes a great call. His craftsmanship is beautiful and they sound good too. He's a great guy too.
Jim

Colton2020

Everything about him and his calls are top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MossyOak92

The craftsmanship is 2nd to none. They sound good too. Not my absolute favorite to run but very nice.
Also met him at unicoi last year he is a super nice guy.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2022) using Tapatalk

Jacobson

I have a Lumma trumpet and think the world of it. His sound quality is second to none. You will never see them for sale. It is one of my favorite.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Greg Massey on December 20, 2022, 05:20:59 PM
Does anyone have one of his trumpets? What do you think of it overall?   Sound etc....
Been wondering the same thing myself.  I've been on his list for a while.  You don't see as many posts on here or on the Facebook call making groups as you do other trumpet makers.  But when you do hear about his trumpets it's good stuff.

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

turkey stew

I have 2 Lumma trumpets and a wingbone from 12 yrs. ago. They are top notch in craftmanship and sound! He started out making quality bones. I was in a Nashville booth with SSCustom and Steve during that time period. He is a class act in everything!

HookedonHooks

Craftsmanship and tonal qualities are top notch. Playability is on par with other good trumpet makers.

He specializes in customization. Depending how fancy you want it and how much you want to spend, he can get about as crazy as you can imagine.

Top shelf maker and person to work with. 

ol bob

Anything you can dream up he can make, the sky the limit. hes made things that most can't dream of.

EZ

I don't own any yet, but I have run a few and they are spot on. I met him at Unicoi last year and some of the stuff he comes up with and can make is unreal. Heck of a craftsman and great guy.

gonehuntin982

Steve makes an excellent trumpet and is a very talented man!
A gentleman and a great call maker!!

Mike

Lone_Strutter

He's the best, his quality is on a level of its own! Plus they sound just as good as they look!! Even his wingbones are amazing. Dang good fella also.

Deast1988

I got on his list this year, 2yrs out. Maybe my number will come up in the future. His calls are top notch.

JLCcalls

I was lucky enough to get one of his bone callers at Unicoi this year. Top notch craftsmanship and he's a great guy.

GSUTURK98

For me, Steve's calls are some of the easiest calls to play.  I'd highly recommend his for any beginner.  Sound quality is great and there's really no one to compare to when it comes to his craftsmanship...maybe Trotter.  You are gonna pay a premium but you will know what you paid for when you see and play his calls.  Awesome guy as well!