turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Brained?

Started by Brillo, December 19, 2022, 08:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

When I'm in the woods I'm never not looking for turkeys and turkey sign, no matter the season.   ;D  I have four dedicated turkey guns.  I own enough turkey seats to seat a basketball team.   ;D
I have my list of items to buy for the upcoming season done and waiting.  I actually started it right after spring season and even worked on it while on stand during deer season.   :D
I need to get started on making a few calls but I'll wait till after Christmas.  Yeh, like many here, I'm ate up with it. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

jhoward11

Sorry, I'm late to the conversation, but I just out of my TBSG....Tukey Buying Support Group!

Happy

There is another way to live?For me personally, deer are just to fill the freezer, keep me out in the woods, and kill time until turkey season. There is a reason my wife will deer hunt with me but won't turkey hunt. Says I get too serious or something totally outrageous like that.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Yoder409

Quote from: Tom007 on December 20, 2022, 09:16:02 AM..... every time I see a call I like, I buy it!. It's an incurable disease.....

The struggle is real.    :z-dizzy:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

tal

It's easy to quit buying calls, I've done it lots of times.

greentrout

Not me. I have only gotten 10 calls in the last month and a half. No problem whatsoever  :help:
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

Yoder409

Quote from: tal on December 20, 2022, 03:08:20 PM
It's easy to quit buying calls, I've done it lots of times.

Says YOU.    ::)

I haven't figured out how to quit ONCE, yet............    :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Yoder409 on December 20, 2022, 02:57:23 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on December 20, 2022, 09:16:02 AM..... every time I see a call I like, I buy it!. It's an incurable disease.....

We have a support group.  It's called the call classifieds forum on this site. :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Paulmyr

I don't have the call buying affliction per say. Only own a couple pots, an old lynch world champion, and a handful of mouth calls. 

I'm sure most of  you guys are familiar with what these are used for. A couple Walnut blanks and some Aspen. The Aspen will be the 1st attempts at possibly compounding my turkey hunting disorder with call making. Ha! A compound disorder!

I have a few others that I'll be hacking on in an an attempt to fashion something that reasonably resembles some of the fantastic looking calls seen from some of the makers on this site. I figure the Aspen is a good choice to hack on and get the feel of things before harassing the Walnut as Aspen grows like weeds around our property. I've got about 10 blanks of each acclimating with some more Walnut, some Mulberry, and Catalpa coming off the mill in the next week or so.

Who knows in a couple years I might have a enough skill to fashion something paletable enough that some of you might fancy owning one!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Yoder409

Quote from: Tail Feathers on December 20, 2022, 07:09:04 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on December 20, 2022, 02:57:23 PM

We have a support group.  It's called the call classifieds forum on this site. :TooFunny:

SUPPORT GROUP ?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The classifieds are the darned NEEDLE, for cryin' out loud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :z-dizzy: :z-dizzy:
PA elitist since 1979

Yoder409

P.S. : The one callmaker I was waiting to hear from Facetimed me last night about tuning my (next) new box call............

:icon_thumright:

P.S. Again :  This thing is gonna be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!    :drool:
PA elitist since 1979

Tom007

Quote from: Yoder409 on December 21, 2022, 07:25:23 AM
P.S. : The one callmaker I was waiting to hear from Facetimed me last night about tuning my (next) new box call............

Can't wait to see it....... :turkey2:
"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

Quote from: Tom007 on December 21, 2022, 07:28:16 AM

That's what's driving me nuts this morning !!!

I saw it !!!    :z-flirtysmile3:

NOW I WANT IT !!!!!!!    :emoticon-animal-005:
PA elitist since 1979

Tom007

Quote from: Yoder409 on December 21, 2022, 07:31:37 AM

Good things come to those who wait my friend!  :popcorn:
"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

Quote from: Tom007 on December 21, 2022, 07:42:38 AM
Quote from: Yoder409 on December 21, 2022, 07:31:37 AM

Good things come to those who wait my friend!  :popcorn:

I'll be OK.  I'll be OK.  I'll be OK.  I'll be OK.............    :emoticon-animal-005:
PA elitist since 1979