OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Brained?

Started by Brillo, December 19, 2022, 08:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brillo

For the first time this year I was paying as much attention to turkey sign as deer sign while I was deer hunting.  When my wife asked me what I would like for a Christmas gift I asked for a turkey call.  It might have been delivered today!  Can't wait to open it and play with it on Christmas morning.  Last year I bought a turkey specific gun that is downright embarrassing.  Sick.  Anybody else with symptoms of this terrible affliction?

Vintage

Yoder409

A new turkey call is hardly EVER a bad thing.

:you_rock:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greg Massey

I received one Friday, that my wife got me for Christmas ... I'm old but it never gets old in my opinion ...

aclawrence

I usually try to ask for turkey hunting stuff for Christmas. Spring is right around the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zobo

Anybody else with these symptoms? Yeah, like just about everyone on this forum, lol!!!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Sir-diealot

Ordered a call that will be a combination CHRISTmas present/birthday present for myself that I will get in January, my nephews come fist at CHRISTmas time.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

mcw3734

Uh......  yyyeahhhhh.  And why are you using terms like "embarrassing", "sick" and "terrible affliction"? Is there a problem?

Brillo

I had a pretty good bout of Covid last year but got over it.  I tried turkey hunting ten or so years ago and got over it.  Doesn't seem like I am going to shake it this time.  More confession... I already made plans to hunt with my nephew next spring and he is a convicted turkey killer.  He confessed to me (only) that he likes turkey hunting more than deer hunting.  Blasphemy!  I also already bought ammo for next year, just in case.  Lots of other indications that my situation is serious like being on this forum before February.  Dark, very dark.

callmakerman

IT's been that way for years for me. Deer hunting really isn't that high on my list and hasn't been in quite some time. Turkey hunting and fall trout fishing are my top activities in the fall. Nice thing about being a call maker is if I want something I usually make it. On my to do list is a box call and clear acrylic glass call for next spring. Just need to motivate myself to do it.

Yoder409

Quote from: mcw3734 on December 20, 2022, 12:32:45 AM
Uh......  yyyeahhhhh.  And why are you using terms like "embarrassing", "sick" and "terrible affliction"? Is there a problem?

Well......... Tell me......

Does buying 3 box calks in one day......in December.....not constitute an "affliction" ??   ::)

AND there's 2 more I'm just waiting for the phone to ring from the makers.....

:help:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ol bob

I've had it for over 25 years, no cure, live with it or die.

richard black

Once you've been afflicted it there is no cure. The only thing that makes it feel better is more calls, guns, ammo, gear, and of course the occasional ol tom. Like ol Bob said, just live with it, it don't get better.

Tom007

It's a genetic problem. It's Christmas for me every time I see a call I like, I buy it!. It's an incurable disease, one that I'm happy to have..... :turkey2:
"Solo hunter"

btodd00

I noticed a box from north mountain gear on the porch when I got home yesterday.. Santa has been busy. Ive been trying to save some money for the central Florida wild turkey extravaganza in February but didn't stop me from buying calls for my dad and sons though!