OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2023-too soon?

Started by turkeyfool, August 31, 2022, 04:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyfool

Any good plans for 2023? Too soon to start thinking about? As always, going to end in New England. I live in NJ, but absolutely love it in that area of the country. Look forward to thinking about where else i'd like to hunt and visit that I haven't been before

Tom007

My home turf of NJ, NY for sure....might get together with my brother and chase Merriam's by his house in Colorado......can't wait......

Sir-diealot

No travel goals but I do want to chase that bronze I chased all this season again in 2023. I was hoping to get a new lens for the camera by then but the ones I was interested in are out of the question now because of computer repair. There is a cheaper one that will give me more range but I really wanted better glass.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tail Feathers

I do, but I hate to name states for fear of others following me due to my celebrity status.   :goofball: :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

turkeyfool

^very true. i've come to conclusion that a state name in a youtube video title will do 10,000x the damage naming a state on this forum would (if it's just the name, not specific areas).  but i completely agree with ya

Yoder409

Too soon ???????

I'm already planning into 2024 !!!   ;D

Most likely, my 2024 hunt budget will squash any effort to go anywhere in 2023.  But ya never know...........     I could win the lottery.    :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Mossberg90MN

I plan on spending some time in South Dakota this year. Outside of that, the typical route for me... MN, IA, SD, WI

Can't wait to get to the Hills again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey46

Doubt if I'll name specific states but will probably stay e/o the Mississippi next year.  My home state of Florida for sure and one other that is open well into May.  BTW - I have several hunting operations bookmarked from past years of constantly looking around in the off season, mostly Merriam and Rio areas.  When checking those that are still showing available, some already booked up, am finding the prices have risen dramatically.   Most at least 25% and these for non-guided trespass fee areas (some with lodging and meals - some not).  I won't do any guided or sit in a blind hunts so I'm fairly selective.  It's never too early to start making plans.  Good luck. :turkey2:

btodd00

Quote from: joey46 on September 01, 2022, 06:54:23 AM
Doubt if I'll name specific states but will probably stay e/o the Mississippi next year.  My home state of Florida for sure and one other that is open well into May.  BTW - I have several hunting operations bookmarked from past years of constantly looking around in the off season, mostly Merriam and Rio areas.  When checking those that are still showing available, some already booked up, am finding the prices have risen dramatically.   Most at least 25% and these for non-guided trespass fee areas (some with lodging and meals - some not).  I won't do any guided or sit in a blind hunts so I'm fairly selective.  It's never too early to start making plans.  Good luck. :turkey2:

The self guided rio hunts I checked into this year went wayyy up in price from the last time I checked into it. Most have openly said they are taking on less clients and charging more

Tail Feathers

I was talking a few months ago with an outfitter for another state.  He booked for probably 20 different ranches/landowners they were all having to increase prices about $300 to cover increased cost of food and cleaning help.  These are places that offer hunting with lodging and meals.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Roost 1

2023 check
2024 almost checked
Working on 2025 now

It's never too early to plan.

Gooserbat

I'm going to shoot turkeys...somewhere.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Crghss

Will stay local for 2023. But 2024 its on, western trip plus GA or SC. We'll see.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Hook hanger

2022 is not over yet for me! Its never to early to start planning for turkey trips.

jhoward11

I'm going to try and take a newbie again this year local. It's so exciting helping someone get their first turkey! Can't wait! My wife was last year, so may take her and her sister this year.