turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2023-too soon?

Started by turkeyfool, August 31, 2022, 04:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dtrkyman

I have been adding a new state to the list each spring, not trying for the slam just like new turf, and most of it is a convenient location for the most part!

Probably run out of convenient spots pretty soon at this rate, but I don't care, will just hunt different spots in some of the same states!

Tail Feathers

I like seeing the new territory too.  I'll never try for the US slam.  It seems to take some of the fun out of learning new places.  They have to rush to get another state marked off, I like a slower pace.  But power to them, the time, money and effort to get a US slam is big.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

turkeygod4

I just booked my Gould's hunt for next spring. Now I wait

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

turkeyfool

i'm not doing a US slam necessarily but if i do, it'll be a life long thing. i'm 29 now and i think i have maybe around 10.

with that said, i don't know that i'd want to go back to mississippi again

quavers59

Exactly  like Tom007- also my home turf of New York and New Jersey

Yoder409

Quote from: turkeygod4 on September 03, 2022, 11:03:39 PM

Who ya going with??    Outfitter ??
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

turkeygod4

Quote from: Yoder409 on September 04, 2022, 08:28:46 AM
Quote from: turkeygod4 on September 03, 2022, 11:03:39 PM

Who ya going with??    Outfitter ??
Jay Scott

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Kygobblergetter

I have loose plans made but always subject to change. I'll be hunting somewhere any time I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guesswho

I've not given it any thought.   I'll probably put a plan together about February.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Paulmyr

A lot of my longer trips out of state get planned last minute. All depends on when I called back to work in the spring. Sometimes it's march sometimes it's the end of April. The trip duration is based on phone calls to the boss on Fri to see how the next week's schedule looks.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

GobbleNut

I've got four states (other than my own) on my "wish list" for next spring.  One is already arranged.  One is a late-season fallback depending on my time allowances and my attitude. 

The other two require more planning, a flight, rental vehicles, and all the other associated accommodations and logistics,...and I will start making those a couple of months before going.  There are just too many "unknowns" between now and next spring for me to start getting too much into making any firm plans for those long-distance excursions. 

In addition, you never know when a few buddies on OG will say,..."Hey, let's all get together somewhere next spring and go huntin'".  One has to be prepared for those possibilities, as well!   :D ;D