turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Waldrop PacSeat

Started by Waldropco, August 03, 2022, 08:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waldropco

We are proud to announce the new team (Danny Breault and Tim Shiver) at The Waldrop Company. Home of the Waldrop PacSeat. We have joined forces in the manufacturing and development of new and exciting additions. We have successfully engineered a Turkey that is ready for shipping. The Turkey Seat is similar to the Standard PacSeat with the exception of it sitting roughly 8 inches lower. We have also developed a GameSac for mounting to any of the PacSeats. We are in the process of developing more exciting additions and will be posting those in the near future. We have plenty of stock on both the Standard PacSeat as well as the Turkey PacSeat. Both seats are extremely versatile in terms of free standing or leaning against a tree. Now is the time to purchase! Please don't wait until hunting season as they will go fast. We would love any feed back you have on your experience with the PacSeat. Visit us at https://www.waldroppacseat.com

Weight 5.5 lbs
Sitting Weight 400lbs
Game Carry Weight 150lbs

mountainhunter1

How high off the ground is the turkey pac seat (the seat is not fully deployed in the main picture, so i was not sure)? Maybe better way to ask is, How low can you set the seat off the ground for more concealment? Even more important to me, Are the legs adjustable for uneven ground?

I noticed the 150 pound pack limit, so is this designed to pack out game and is there any video or anything to show that being done on you tube or anything? It looks well made and the lifetime warranty on all parts - besides paint is appealing. Thanks for the reply.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Big Jeremy

$338 for a seat after shipping is pretty steep...best of luck, but I have a feeling that you'll find trouble getting traction with this product since it doesn't offer much that other seats do, like being ultra lightweight, etc.

guesswho

I wish you well.    But I doubt it will be a big mover amongst turkey hunters.   I think the majority of turkey hunters are lightening the load with each passing year.   A five pound seat might be a bit much.   But I do wish you well.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

I agree with others, not something i would buy .. but good luck with it going forward.

ChesterCopperpot

[Bites tongue].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Waldropco on August 03, 2022, 08:23:26 AM
Now is the time to purchase! Please don't wait until hunting season as they will go fast.
I don't know how many were produced, but I'd reckon there will be quite a few left come next turkey season.

Good luck though. Hope you sell all of them and make enough money to pay for a couple tanks of gas come next turkey season.

NCL

I was interested in the seat until I saw the price. Could not distinguish any added advantage for the price. Wish them significant sales

Trumpetyelper

I would encourage folks to try this 100% the advantages are many... First and foremost this is the most comfortable seat that I have ever used.  It's the perfect height from the ground to sit comfortable and use your knee as a rest.  When using the self standing portion of the chair it fits perfect in a blind because you can adjust the level of the rear self assisted seat to make it the desired height that you want.  Or you can adjust the self level rear portion lower to take you closer to the ground.   Price is always a consideration when buying hunting products, but when I purchased mine I took into account the cost of a turkey vest with leg assist seat, and its actually less expensive than most of those..    Also packing out it is a dream.. Having the frame which is unbelievably light weight it makes it very comfortable.  For reference I packed out 19 birds this year with this chair so I gained some experience.  I purchased one to try and I was amazed at the versatility of being able to lean against a tree, use as a self standing chair, or just run and gun with it on my back.  I wouldn't critique this chair too much.  I have a pile of friends that have tried and they also were amazed at the change in comfort and versatility.  I get that you can purchase a umbrella folding camo beach chair for $40 at a box store... this is not that.... When I buy things I try to buy a premium product that will last a long time so my kids may enjoy it.. This is the closest thing I have ever found.  Im thankful a premium product addition to this category gents... hope all are well.  I've got lots of experience with this chair and if anyone wants to chat privately im happy to help.

jmck

I heard about this seat later in this past season. I typically use a inter-tube seat for easy of carry. I got the Pac Seat and started carrying it.
I have to say its very lite weight and is very well built. Set up is a snap wheither leaning on a tree or with legs folded down, and the comfort level is unmatched in any other chair type seat I have ever used. Its a breeze to carry as a pack and not bulky slinged like a folding chair is. The free movement the Pac Seat allows for shifting at critical moments is great. It has you in the right position for elbow to knees at the right height for shooters support in the critical moments before the shot. Its a great built product I expect to get many years of use from. Hope the guys the best with the new product, I sure like mine alot.

Trumpetyelper

I forgot to mention that one of the first questions I asked when buying mine was IS THIS MADE IN THE USA??? ANSWER : YES hand made in the US by a US Veteran.. I'm as guilty as the next for buying inexpensive, over seas products on occasion,  sometimes without even asking the question.  And I'm not against most foreign countries or people, but if I can keep some of my money here in the States with a great product I am happy to do so.  Thanks all. Happy Hunting. 

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on August 03, 2022, 07:09:20 PM
[Bites tongue].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Jim K

I have his original pac seat. I use it for squirrel hunting. I love it. Top quality from a great guy.

GobbleNut

First impressions on the product for consideration by the folks involved in the company: (hopefully taken as constructive suggestions)
>  Probably would have been a good idea to put pictures of a new sample of the product rather than what is obviously a well-used version.  The duct tape, tennis balls, and ragged-looking materials probably won't help in the sales department.  :)
>  It basically appears to be a pack frame modified to include a seat. Flimsy shoulder straps shown ain't gonna cut it for anybody that is going to use this as a regular backpack, much less for carrying any sort of weight.  Put some good, padded straps and waist belt on it if you expect anybody to purchase it to carry any significant weight for any distance. 
>  General (For me, personally):  Perceived value of product relative to price point is questionable, especially when compared to similar products on the market.

Having said all of the above,...best of luck with it.  Good to see folks taking the initiative to try to improve products for sportsmen!    :icon_thumright:

Trumpetyelper

Quote from: GobbleNut on August 04, 2022, 07:29:31 PM
First impressions on the product for consideration by the folks involved in the company: (hopefully taken as constructive suggestions)
>  Probably would have been a good idea to put pictures of a new sample of the product rather than what is obviously a well-used version.  The duct tape, tennis balls, and ragged-looking materials probably won't help in the sales department.  :)
>  It basically appears to be a pack frame modified to include a seat. Flimsy shoulder straps shown ain't gonna cut it for anybody that is going to use this as a regular backpack, much less for carrying any sort of weight.  Put some good, padded straps and waist belt on it if you expect anybody to purchase it to carry any significant weight for any distance. 
>  General (For me, personally):  Perceived value of product relative to price point is questionable, especially when compared to similar products on the market.

Having said all of the above,...best of luck with it.  Good to see folks taking the initiative to try to improve products for sportsmen!   

I have to disagree and I think that most who have the chair would also.. I could absolutely see the straps looking flimsy, but they are great... I carried out 19 turkeys with it this year and loved the comfort.. Mind you I have experience with packs.. I own a Exo 4800, Outdoorsman spur 50, Mystery Metcalf and a few others that I carry out elk and other critters with... These guys kept the weight down, and made it manageable.  I got the most recent version of the chair, and it's powder coated and beautiful.. The tennis balls are outstanding because they keep the legs from sinking into the sand, mud or other terrain. This absolutely is a pack Frame with a low seat options and it totally can carry weight.. I totally understand that critique, but a pile of turkey hunters are currently using literally a beach chair with a camo pattern with zero ability to pack out or add value to the hunt.. This is a new option with a great future.. For those critiquing with no experience I would recommend you  give it a try.  I have no stake in this company, but I have taken a pile of hunters hunting with it.. Every single one said it was the best hunting chair they have ever sat in, and it made a significant difference in their hunt.  This is a USA made veteran company and you guys are ragging on it for cost and pictures.  If purchasing a chair on Amazon works for you more power to you, but I would encourage you to give it an actual shot before sending negative insights based on pics.  Im not usually very passionate about hunting gear especially chairs, but I can tell you with an extremely high level of certainty that: you're wrong about the flimsy straps and inability to pack a load out.  This chair really changed the game for me hunting this year.  I hunt some area that you have to relocate a good bit, and other areas that you need to hike in a while.. The speed that you can set up and readjust in this seat is exceptional.  If better glamour shots are needed here's the website and I did just notice that it's on a sale for $288 for those interested.  I hope this message isn't taken as defensive I'm just very certain that if you try it you will love it.. I literally have almost every piece of turkey gear you can imagine.  This thing is the real deal.