News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Waldrop PacSeat

Started by Waldropco, August 03, 2022, 08:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waldropco

Long Spur Gobbler
Yes sir! We are down the road on 5731 Miller Court. Come see us.....I'll hook you up with a seat sir! Free of charge!

guesswho

I may swing by one day next week and take a look at your operation.   Would love to see one in person. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Waldropco

Long Spur Gobbler
The crew is normally there from 7am to at least 3pm. This time of year the warehouse will bake you so sometimes we leave earlier. Call me and let me know your coming so I can be there. 706 587 0833

guesswho

Will do.  It would probably be mid-morning Tuesday or Thursday.   But I'll give you a call before I head that way.   
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

BDeal

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on August 06, 2022, 10:05:57 AM
I truly hope for the best outcome in this veterans venture into the turkey hunting chair market. If this chair was $100 I'd try one just for the US veteran aspect. But the picture does not display a chair worth $300, in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more here. I don't think there is a chair on the planet worth half that price and especially not one at this weight. It's pretty heavy.

guesswho

I stopped by their shop this morning.  Met Tim, fine fellow,  and he showed me around.   I got to try out the standard model and the shorter turkey version.   I can say it is very well made, and would be a one and done chair.  Very comfortable, and quiet.   After holding one I didn't think there was any way it weighed 5 1/2 pounds.   I would have guessed about 3 pounds.  And on your back it feels like even less.   Tim gave me one to field test.   I opted for the standard version because I'll probably use it for hog hunting before I get a chance to turkey hunt.  After getting it home I put it on the digital scale and it topped out at 5.1 lbs.   So I'd guess the turkey version would be about 8 ounces to a pound lighter.   I can see where this seat would really be appealing to big game hunters who prefer to stay on the ground versus a tree stand.   Probably be a harder sell to your average mobile turkey hunter. 

Some concerns were mentioned about the straps in earlier posts.   I don't think there would be any issues associated with the straps.  Very sturdy and double sewn.   The only concern I see for me is the angle of the backrest.   It's comfortable no doubt.  When I adjust the back to a comfortable sitting position for me everything is fine, but if I take my back off the back rest and lean toward the front of the seat, my weight shifting more to the front of the seat causes the back legs to come off the ground about an inch.  Still not an issue and still comfortable.  But by doing this my legs become the front legs of the chair.  Granted this only happens when I lean way forward and put my elbows on my knees.  This wouldn't happen in the turkey model, and could be eliminated by buckling one of the straps around a tree.

I can see where the price point might be a turn off for some.   But some things are better built than others.   TSS, high end optics, guns etc.   Overall a well made American product made by good ole boys. 

Tim, thanks for your generosity and for taking the time to show me around.  Good luck with the sales, and I'll send you some pictures off and on.   

BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Roost 1

NWTF Convention is Nashville would be a great place to get your product in the hands of hunters.
Not only could they try it out before buying but most good products will sell themselves in that type of setting.

NCL

Quote from: guesswho on August 11, 2022, 01:42:11 PM
I stopped by their shop this morning.  Met Tim, fine fellow,  and he showed me around.   I got to try out the standard model and the shorter turkey version.   I can say it is very well made, and would be a one and done chair.  Very comfortable, and quiet.   After holding one I didn't think there was any way it weighed 5 1/2 pounds.   I would have guessed about 3 pounds.  And on your back it feels like even less.   Tim gave me one to field test.   I opted for the standard version because I'll probably use it for hog hunting before I get a chance to turkey hunt.  After getting it home I put it on the digital scale and it topped out at 5.1 lbs.   So I'd guess the turkey version would be about 8 ounces to a pound lighter.   I can see where this seat would really be appealing to big game hunters who prefer to stay on the ground versus a tree stand.   Probably be a harder sell to your average mobile turkey hunter. 

Some concerns were mentioned about the straps in earlier posts.   I don't think there would be any issues associated with the straps.  Very sturdy and double sewn.   The only concern I see for me is the angle of the backrest.   It's comfortable no doubt.  When I adjust the back to a comfortable sitting position for me everything is fine, but if I take my back off the back rest and lean toward the front of the seat, my weight shifting more to the front of the seat causes the back legs to come off the ground about an inch.  Still not an issue and still comfortable.  But by doing this my legs become the front legs of the chair.  Granted this only happens when I lean way forward and put my elbows on my knees.  This wouldn't happen in the turkey model, and could be eliminated by buckling one of the straps around a tree.

I can see where the price point might be a turn off for some.   But some things are better built than others.   TSS, high end optics, guns etc.   Overall a well made American product made by good ole boys. 

Tim, thanks for your generosity and for taking the time to show me around.  Good luck with the sales, and I'll send you some pictures off and on.   

Thank you for the great review this really helps. I remember your sound advise on the Holosun green dot a few years ago/ Now I only have to figure out a way to get that expense past the CFO aka wife without her knowing........LOL

guesswho

BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

NCL

I think it will take more than luck. I need to make her think it is her idea to make this purchase...LOL

Jim K

Do what I do.....don't tell her. ????

Dtrkyman

Bunch of guys complaining about the price of a chair that spend more on a device to make turkey noises. 

wareagle22

I bought one of the very first "turkey" model seats that Mr. Waldrop built.   The chair is one of the most comfortable chairs I've ever sat it.  It's also very versatile with it being able to be used leaned up on a tree.   It took some time to figure out the correct setup for different terrain but once you get it down, it's a snap.   No fumbling around taking a gobble lounger out of the bag or undoing Velcro straps to deploy.   The backpack straps are really nice and it's the lightest chair I've ever toted.  Sure, it's on the expensive side,  but it's made in the USA by a great fella who guarantees his work.   It's just another tool in the arsenal that allows me to stay still and in the woods longer due to the comfort aspect and of the chair.  Hunting in general has become a very expensive hobby and most guys on here are toting $1K plus shotguns, paying $10 each for shells, $200 for vests, $300-$400 for boots, $150 pants and $200+ for custom calls.   If you don't want to pay that much for an item, DONT, but don't ridicule others who do.  We all know there's guys who kill piles of turkeys using a cane reed, ole single shot 12ga using copper plated 6's in blue jeans and a flannel shirt but there's also guys who use very expensive gear who kill piles of turkeys too.   To each his own.   

guesswho

Predator hunters out West who are mobile and hunt different sets every 30 minutes would love this.   That the first thing I thought of when I sat in it.   Open terrain, this chair, a caller and a shooting stick. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

aclawrence

I believe this is what NutterBuster uses for deer hunting and he loves his. He's packed deer out with his so the straps can't be that bad. You get what you pay for. I've gone through a few gobbler chairs from Walmart and I don't even use them that much. I usually don't regret spending more for higher quality. I'd like to try one one of these out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk