News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Call You Have ABSOLUTE FAITH In

Started by bbcoach, May 30, 2022, 02:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunghit

Quote from: TerryLNanny on May 30, 2022, 03:34:29 PM
Primos true double mouth call, and Primos box cutter which is no longer available. Production calls that get the job done!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still use my Primos Box Cutter and most of my birds are from this call. Great sound for a mass produced call.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

greentrout

twyatt ceramic in walnut with a Lyman hickory striker has just absolutely become the combo for me. Was really hard on turkeys this spring.
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

jshark14

Jim Shelley aluminum or Cody world class slate. I'm no calling expert, but these calls will bring them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck1443

Pot call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hook hanger

Turkeybutt

Mouth call then purring real soft with a slate and rustling some leaves.

CrustyRusty

Ole Yeller slatek. Beat up and rough looking but plain old works!

Zobo

I have an accumulation of box calls. A sawn and glued sycamore short box by Daryl Helm has been my "ace in the hole" for the past 15-20 years. I think I paid 20 bucks for it.  I have boxes I paid 10+ times that amount and they are treasured calls but so is this proven killer. It sounds a bit different, maybe some would think it's flawed. But the gobblers don't.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

bbcoach

Quote from: Zobo on August 02, 2022, 08:22:00 PM
I have an accumulation of box calls. A sawn and glued sycamore short box by Daryl Helm has been my "ace in the hole" for the past 15-20 years. I think I paid 20 bucks for it.  I have boxes I paid 10+ times that amount and they are treasured calls but so is this proven killer. It sounds a bit different, maybe some would think it's flawed. But the gobblers don't.
This is what I wanted to hear from you guys!  It seems we spend TONS of money on calls and think we have a KILLER but....  It seems the calls that have a terrible or different sound, seem to get the job done!  We listen to a particular call and say that sounds Good but we take it to the woods and we get mixed reviews from the Quarry.  It's good to hear each of us have a particular call that gets the job done and we have GREAT confidence in!!! 

West Augusta

Trumpet and my titanium pot with a dymondwood striker.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

El Pavo Grande

Mouth call and scratching in leaves, but most importantly, knowing when to not call.  My personal preference for a call has been either Houndstooth or Legacy.   

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Loyalist84

Probably my EZ Jordan or Nathan Taylor purple slate.

Tom007

A good friend of mine told me to take 2 of my best push pins and when the Tom's won't cooperate, hit them with the fighting purr with the 2 push pin's. I can honestly say that this absolutely worked last spring, I have complete faith in this set-up.....be well....
"Solo hunter"

Cut N Run

My H.S 360SL slate call has the most notches, but I've probably turned more and had them come in using a Boat Paddle long box.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.