OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Call You Have ABSOLUTE FAITH In

Started by bbcoach, May 30, 2022, 02:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dtrkyman

Halloran Crystal Mistress, Blodget double trouble.   Any mouth call I get dialed in each spring, always changes, a friend of mine makes them for me.

Starting to really like a wing bone, I made a bunch this year and killed two birds with the first one I ever made!

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Jbird22

A 3 reed modified ghost cut that I make

btomlin

An OLD M.A.D "Shippwreck" mouth call.  Could be 15 yrs old..maybe older.  It lives in fridge and currently only comes out when one gets onery.  I would hate to guess how many I have called to a gun with it.  I've thought about buying stuff to replicate it and probably better before long. 

Green Trumpeter

Last few years its been a trumpet. Before that it was always a mouth call.

PALongspur

mspaci

the Ward

I don't know if i have one specific call i have absolute faith in, but my K&H hammer slate
would be close, followed by a Hooks tube. I had a HS strut mouth call years ago that i modified
with a cut that was my hands down best call, but sadly it bit the dust a long time ago, and i moved on to
other types of calls. I built a wing bone this year, and have been practicing, so i hope that it will become
that call.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

DocHolliday

Yoder409

I guess that would have to be the call or calls that I never leave home without........

Gooserbat diaphragm
Hally Caller Professional Series slate over glass

I always, ALWAYS have a box call with me.  But that could be any one of a hundred or so that I have absolute faith in.  All depends on which one I happened to pull out that day.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Muzzy61

Don't use it much anymore. To busy with customs calls, wing bones and etc... But I never leave home with out my original Grand Old Master Turkey box call.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

BDeal

I really struggle getting gobblers to come that last 20-30 yards but the calls I consistently get the best responses to are my Paul Hicks Red Slate with Neal Hermann Dymondwood Striker and Darin Dawkins Stoned Aluminum in the plastic pot.

TrackeySauresRex

The squealing hen and the acorn cruncher.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."