turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dream Trip

Started by joey46, May 17, 2022, 07:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

After two years of covid reschedules finally said "go for it" and jumped in with both feet.  Airlines, rental cars, motels etc etc. Spent the first week of May chasing the Merriams and wasn't disappointed.  Results pictured.  BTW - flying in and out of Tampa and Denver had zero problems with TSA and my firearm.  All of these forums seem to make a big deal out of this and again, for me, it has never been a problem.  Ammo was in the gun case.  Again no problem. 
Bumped into many turkey hunters on the trip.  Another secret out so I'm not even mentioning the state involved although I was close to three that were available to hunt.  Good luck to all.  My bucket list just got a check mark.

misfire

Beautiful bird and scenery, congratulations sir.
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Cowboy

Congrats. Fine gobbler

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FLGobstopper

Congrats a great trip, glad it worked out for you and you finally got to make it! They're beautiful birds and I think they're one of my favorites to hunt just because they're so different in every way than what I've grown up hunting down here.

Did he put on a show for you and did the funky jake make the trip?

Greg Massey

Congrats on awesome gobbler and trip....

joey46

Funky stayed home and is still pouting about it.  I had to pack light so no decoys, no chair, no camo netting.  Strictly a run and gun solo hunt.  A mouthy hen was behind me and simply mimicking her brought the deceased and two others down a small hill.  Lots of strutting but no gobbles.  They had hens in view so no surprise.

Tom007

Sixes

zelmo1

Congrats on that gorgeous bird brother. Al Baker

OJR

Fantastic!! Thanks for sharing.

Turkeybutt

Way to go Joe!
Congratulations on some fine birds

Muzzy61

Congrats, Beautiful bird.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ybuck

wow!
awesome bird, congratulations Sir!!!

Hoot 000

Very nice ,glad you got to make the trip.

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx