OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dream Trip

Started by joey46, May 17, 2022, 07:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL-Boss

Good work.. I'm guessing you flew direct with Southwest. I never have issues.. but in the more liberal states it may take some extra time to check gun, some of them look at it with you and you have to wait. But if you have it packed right with lock, etc.. should have no issues.

joey46

Yes -Southwest.  Never had a problem after having done this at least a dozen times. Does take extra time since the firearm case is now walked over to a TSA area set up for this and x rayed in your presence.  At destination gun is retrieved from the baggage office and doesn't spin around on the belt.  Nobody looked worried or wet their pants at the thought of handling a gun case.  When I returned there were six firearm cases being screened.  Colorado is a blue state but the process went flawlessly. The process in Tampa was identical. :turkey2:

JeffC

Congrats on a fine Tom and notching off another bucket list item.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

WV Flopper

Good for you Sir! Happy that you had a good, successful trip.

3bailey3

Awesome, Congrats Mr. Joey.

Wigsplitter

Congratulations sir!! That is on my bucket list as well!! Beautiful bird there!!

Yoder409

BEAUTIFUL snowtip !!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Jbird22

Way to go!!! Your posts are always worth reading. I'm proud you had a great trip!

Dr Juice

Beautiful Tom. Congrats.

Beards and Hooks

Congrats, I know Merriam's tails have the white, but has that got more white than normal? That  bird would make a beautiful mount!

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

joey46

This bird pretty typical for the area.  Amazing to see them go into full strut while coming at you.  Nice experience.  Fan set up and drying now.  Will make a great wall hanging. 

Old Timer

That`s going to be a beautiful fan mount! Joey could you add a little more to the story? What firearm did you use? Load? I see you used a bead sight. You got it done! Thanks for sharing.

BBR12

Congratulations. Beautiful bird.

joey46

Quote from: Old Timer on May 18, 2022, 10:04:33 AM
That`s going to be a beautiful fan mount! Joey could you add a little more to the story? What firearm did you use? Load? I see you used a bead sight. You got it done! Thanks for sharing.

Sure - for the last few seasons been alternating between my old standby 12 ga 870 and a new .410 Stevens.  Since the gun on this trip was going on an airliner I opted for the bead sighted 870 with Apex Ninja TSS and a Carlson .690 choke.  The .410 has a red dot and the chance it would get jarred out of wack was on my mind.  Tried to leave little to chance. 

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on a successful hunt!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk