OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

pet peeve on alot of youtube videos

Started by bluetick58, May 12, 2022, 06:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluetick58

i watch a lot of turkey hunting on you tube  videos is it just me or do a lot hunters leave there gun at tree when going to retrieve there turkey ask Chubbs and  Culpepper what could happen have seen it myself just not smart  not to take your gun with you

Strutnut80

I shot a gobbler one morning a few years ago that still makes me pissed to think about. Was walking in & heard him gobble off the back corner of a field just inside the woods. So I quietly got within about 75yds of him before light and remained quiet listening for hens. About fly down time I let out a few soft yelps on a mouth call and he instantly gobbled and pitched off the limb. Of course I'm thinking "Cash money in the bank". This joker tip toes down the woodline hugging it tight so I don't see him until he's 10yds from me & I ended up shooting him at 7yds. At the shot he hits the deck, I eject my spent shell, pull my mask down, and like an idiot set my gun down to the side like I'd done 100 times before and get up to go claim my prize. Only this time Mr. Tommy gets up and leads me on a 200yd dash across the field just out of my reach only to run up in a briar patch and out of my life forever. Needless to say I walk to the bird with my gun now

saltysenior

My pet peeve is showing the turkey's head being blown off or it's flopping around after being shot....just more ammo for PETA..

Missed mallards

It doesn't take but one to run off.

I can not, under any reason, understand why they take the safety off the gun before the birds in sight or about to be shot at. Not only will they take the safety off they'll move, shake, reposition while having a loaded gun with tss on go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pluffmud

I shot a Mallard about 20 yds high one time. Stone dead, folded, limp neck, feathers everywhere. As it's falling, I start walking towards it. As God is my witness, 5 ft before it hit the water that joker came back to life, caught the wind and flew clear across the lake out of sight. They can do some Houdini crap sometimes.
Psalm 46:10

Gooserbat

Sharing of information.  To say the state is one thing, to everything except share the gps coordinates is another.

And any mention of the phrase "Thunder Chicken".
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Cowboy

And any mention of the phrase "Thunder Chicken".

Agreed on the Thunder Chicken

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

guesswho

My biggest pet peeve on YouTube, is YouTube.   They should rename it to Metube!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Jim K

My pet peeve is quitting posting them early in the season and then everybody's cramming them in right before the season.

Howie g

Some of these you tubers gun safety skills suuuuucks .!
Since when do you rest your gun but on ground , and your hands over your barrel ? 
And why would you take your front gun strap off gun ? And let it dangle by your feet while walking or running to your downed turkey ? Thats a accident waiting to happen !

Dtrkyman

I usually stay where I'm sitting until I know he's done, as long as I don't lose sight.

I don't run too shot turkeys, they ain't going anywhere, at least not any I've shot.

rifleman

The time wasted watching them buy coffee, donuts, and gas.  Then 10 minutes of putting on sponsors' gear.  Some try to be just good ole boys and the attempted humor misses the mark.

Zobo

Quote from: guesswho on May 13, 2022, 04:03:29 PM
My biggest pet peeve on YouTube, is YouTube.   They should rename it to Metube!

Sounds right  :agreed: 
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Wisgobbler

My pet peeves are; the hunting public, gratuitous sponsor promos, the phrases "thunder chicken", "long bird" "smoked em" and "harvest", the hunting public,
The act of "reaping", any video that promotes or glorifies shooting bearded hens, ridiculously bad and nonstop calling, shiny new $800 designer camouflage clothes and the hunting public.

Sixes

It irritates me that they don't seem  to have jobs and not only do they hunt every day and they hunt a new state or two every week.