Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: crow on May 09, 2022, 10:19:37 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on May 09, 2022, 05:37:24 PM
Quote from: barry on May 09, 2022, 11:52:08 AM
Quote from: guesswho on May 08, 2022, 05:39:17 PM
Whisper

Sign language!
Have used it deer hunting to let somebody know a deer is coming to their stand. May not be the normal stuff, raise orange hat so person can see you, put hand with thumbs to head to indicate buck coming and maybe direction if trail splits.

Where I grew up that exact hand signal means " don't shoot, I'll marry your daughter"
I have a feeling I would be getting something back that says "If you come near my daughter I'll shoot!" By the way, that was to read thumbs to head [fingers up] to indicate a buck.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Jimspur

Again, the main trigger for my original post was the continuous stream of videos where they whisper, usually while setup in a field with no birds within 300 yds, then shoot one, and still keep whispering.  Just doesn't make sense and wanted to see why others choose to go either way, so thanks for the responses thus far!
[/quote]

It makes sense to me why they're whispering. Just because you think there isn't a bird within 300 yards doesn't make it true.

Also, after you shoot a bird it doesn't mean another one isn't sneaking in
silently.

Your hunting methods seem to involve some assumptions on your part.
I don't hunt by making assumptions, that is why I try to be as quiet
and unobtrusive as possible.

I'm also going to disagree with one of your previous posts that said if
talking in a normal voice costs you a few birds, that you're okay with that.

I'm definitely not okay with that.

My objective, is to try to never let the birds know I am hunting them.

That being said, everybody should hunt in the manner that makes them happy. If talking to your buddy makes the hunt more enjoyable for you
then go for it and enjoy.

redleg06

..... I feel like I missed a good one.

Brillo

Unnecessarily loud human noise in the woods is a sacrilege.  ATVs, trucks, talking louder than necessary, music, etc, etc.  unintelligible whispering  on a video however is pointless. 

Zobo

Quote from: Brillo on May 10, 2022, 09:24:52 PM
Unnecessarily loud human noise in the woods is a sacrilege.  ATVs, trucks, talking louder than necessary, music, etc, etc.  unintelligible whispering  on a video however is pointless.

Those turkey hunting videos, for the most part, are pointless, and useless and kind of pathetic. So let them whisper unintelligibly, nobody's missing anything important anyway.
     Now can you imagine if all those people spoke loudly in the woods while filming their self-infatuated videos? Now that's sacrilege.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14