turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What Is Your Fav Turkey Utube To Watch?

Started by quavers59, April 09, 2022, 04:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quavers59

I like the content of the " Bayside Legion". I enjoy the Videos where where there is a 3 day Turkey Hunt and no Gobbler was taken. That True To Life right there. That Channel has great content.
   I tend to watch Channels where only 1 Guy is Turkey Hunting. I have lost interest  in a Group Setting with a slight comedy to the Theme. Although many years back,I got a big Laugh out of watching a Knight + Hale Spring Turkey Video and  Chuck Jones,I believe  blurted out to David Hale-- Why are you Looking at me-- I didn't  Kill nothing this year...
    I have seen alot of Rookie Mistakes on- The Hunting Public like not having your Shotgun Loaded and a Gobbler is approaching fast.
   Will Primos has the best on camera personality. I enjoy those video's.  Matt Dale  has interesting  content as well.
   So-- which Spring Turkey Utube Channel is your Fav? And throw up some close 2nds.

joey46

I start to watch many and quit watching often when they get too "cute".  Don't really need to see several minutes of fixing breakfast and stopping for gas.  Most 30 minute shows have about 10 minutes of actual hunting.  The old K & H were good.  Primos and Meateater turkey hunts are also decent.  I'll record both.  You're going to get some "mixed" opinions to this topic.  LOL. :funnyturkey:

Bagg-it Tag-it

I like Shane Simpson and Catman the best. Both know turkeys pretty well and other things about the environment (Especially Catman....his landscape/plant knowledge is impressive). I watch Pinhoti and the Hunting Public too. Dave for his calling and turkey strategy.....dude knows turkey behavior. I like THP because of I would really like to go on a turkey tour one day. Aaron seems to be part turkey.

fallhnt

Rich Drew

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Cottonmouth

Shane Simpson. It takes alot of dedication to film alone and get the shot recorded. I could never do it.

the Ward

Bagg-it Tag-it

Quote from: the Ward on April 09, 2022, 09:36:31 AM
Claycomb day by day series.

His are good. I actually used to buy his DVD's.

Yoder409

I've, honestly, never watched or even THOUGHT about watching turkey hunting on YouTube.    ???
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Jim K

I watch a lot of them. My 4 favorites are Shane Simpson, Catman,THP and Dave Owens. Of the four, Shane is my favorite. He's very good at self filming as is Greg on THP. That 360 camera Shane has is really impressive.

Mountainburd

I have poor internet at my house so not a big YouTube watcher/ streamer. But when I'm somewhere with good service and down time, I enjoy the hunting public. But I have to admit that Zac is wearing on me. His fake southern accent is relentless and overdone. Too much cutesy playing to the camera between him and the guy from Wisconsin. It's a shame because Zac is a very good hunter. Aaron is the main reason I still watch them.

I've stumbled on some pretty decent wants but don't watch them on a regular basis. The Kentucky hardwood videos are pretty good.

But honestly I'd rather spend that time hunting myself or scouting or cutting firewood or something. It has to be the right circumstances for me to sit and watch them.

silvestris

Im not into watching somebody shooting a turkey unless he is sitting beside me.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Sir-diealot

I honestly do not like any of them that much. I may watch one once or twice a year if that. I like the old Primos, Mad and Roger Raglin DVD's
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

sswv

Ranger

"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough