OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What Is Your Fav Turkey Utube To Watch?

Started by quavers59, April 09, 2022, 04:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Without getting back into the debate about the pros and cons YouTube and its impacts on turkey hunting, here are my thoughts:
I lean towards watching the videos of the guys that participate here at least once in a while.  Shane, Catman, Derek (Bayside Legion), Dave (Pinhoti),...and maybe others I am not aware of that frequent OG,...all seem to be down-to-earth types that are not all hung-up on their exploits and are just trying to provide us turkey hunters with some entertainment while pursuing their passion for spring gobbler hunting.  There are a handful of lesser-known guys out there that also fit that description that I watch on occasion, as well.

There are certain others that I have learned to skip over.  Most of the time, that is due to the circumstances under which they are hunting which just don't fit my personal hunting style.  Then again, I am certain there are folks that look at it from exactly the opposite viewpoint that I do when choosing what to watch.   :)

quavers59

Poor Man's  Outdoors is another good Channel.

Sasha and Abby

Quote from: Archivist13 on April 11, 2022, 10:31:47 AM
I remember videoing hunts with my dad and uncle back in the late 80's with our home video recorder that you set on your shoulder. Because of that I respect the difficulty of actually recording a successful turkey hunt. My favorites would be:

Dale Outdoors - A good guy that wears his passion on his sleeve. He may be homeless, but you gotta give him credit for doing what he wants to do.

Pinhoti Project - Most educational. Guy knows what he's doing and puts on a masterclass.

Catman - Make you feel like your there. He's just an average guy that reminds me of a neighbor or friend that you would call up and say "lets go hunting".

THP - Fun, a bit over the top at times, but are very entertaining. The guys definitely know what their doing and they are amazing hunters. They found the perfect combination of hunting/entertainment, BUT they are getting a little too cute nowadays with their antics.

Bayside Legion - Have listened to them on podcasts, but haven't checked their video's out yet. Need to do that.

This is me too...  just started with Shane...  good stuff

deerhunt1988

Quote from: makestomstremble on April 19, 2022, 01:05:44 PM
Pinhoti. Used to watch THP, but not so much anymore. I love seeing the hunts in South Florida, never been and probably will never get to go.

The ironic thing is, a lot of people will never get to go on public now due to spotlight put on that southern region. Opportunities continually reducing with more areas going draw hunt only and applications spiking on areas he's hunted.

outdoorsmen

Dave, Shane, thp, catman, woodhaven (mike), spring thunder (phillip)