OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A camo collage

Started by ChesterCopperpot, April 06, 2022, 08:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

Think I'm finally going to get a chance to hunt tomorrow. Was laying out my clothes and got to laughing. I don't have one single item that matches. I've got brown NMG leafy pants, a Trebark shirt, some sort of RealTree Xtra gloves, a Mossy Oak Bottomland neck gaiter, and a RealTree Timber hat. My vest and seat and bino harness, likewise, are all different too. In all I counted eight different camo patterns. How many of y'all are mixed up as me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Jacob's coat of many colors !!!    :icon_thumright:

May we call you "Jake" for short ???     ;D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Yoder409 on April 06, 2022, 09:00:57 PM

I like it!

tal

I call and raise you several mismatched garments

3bailey3

not one piece the same and i like it!

MO_HUNTER

Wasn't it Jeff Foxworthy that had a skit about hunters with camo that match... if the camo matches, they are trophy hunters...no need to worry. But if the camo doesn't match, run! They are shooting everything.

Howie g

I just put my Camo out for tmro morn . 
Nat gear pants
Green leaf shirt
Bottom land hat
Brown gloves
And my best effort to look like Rambo with my face paint !

RED NECK

Im the same boat , mix match, I can't believe I actually killed tommies wearing an asat leafy top, a 2 dollar stinky old face mask(Its a goodluck charm,18 years old) and obsession pants with brown muck boots...... :jackson:

I miss my Rocky Mossy oak turkey pants, they finnaly basically rotted off me in 2020 after 11 years and I cant find any, they have been discontinued for years. I should have bought more when they were around...RIP Obsession Pants I kept sewing up for 6 years.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Tail Feathers

Camo is supposed to be matched?!?!

I have a few patterns myself.  I think if I dug thru my camo stuff I could probably match up one full set of Obsession.  Except boots, no obsession pattern there.
Mostly I grab what is the right weight for that day's weather, pattern doesn't much matter.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

paboxcall

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on April 06, 2022, 09:14:38 PM

I like it!

Throw a pair of khakis in with that camo ensemble, you could be Jake from state farm.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Treerooster

I don't even know what camo patterns I have. I purposely mix my camo, different pants and tops. I think it helps eliminate the blob effect.

Happy

We are supposed to wear pants turkey hunting? Learn something new every day.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

bushangler

I'm still a green pants and flannel guy. I do wear camouflage suspenders, my bino harness is camo and my Fanny pack is camo but none of it matches.

Yoder409

Quote from: paboxcall on April 06, 2022, 10:59:18 PM
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on April 06, 2022, 09:14:38 PM

I like it!

Throw a pair of khakis in with that camo ensemble, you could be Jake from state farm.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

J.D. Shellnut

I don't know why but it bothers me. lol And I know that it doesnt even take camo to kill a turkey, I've killed them in my  uniform on my way to work. I guess its from years of momma saying that doesnt match or youre not leaving this house looking like that! lol
60% of the time it works every time!