Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any leads on a aftermarket Franchi Affinty 20 trigger???

Started by TANK, April 06, 2022, 07:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANK

I purchased my son a Franchi Affinity 20 ga a couple seasons ago. The trigger is very sloppy and has a lot of creep in it. He has had several close calls and a couple misses due to it. I put a FF3 on it but he still pulls the shot when shooting at a turkey. Thanks for any help!

Dtrkyman

I think Briley makes one, like 300$   ouch.  find a local smith that works on shotguns, simple fix for any decent one.

I would line the boy up for a practice shot with a empty round in the gun, I bet he comes out of his boots when the gun goes click!

Big Jeremy

Quote from: Dtrkyman on April 06, 2022, 07:47:24 PM
I think Briley makes one, like 300$   ouch.  find a local smith that works on shotguns, simple fix for any decent one.

I would line the boy up for a practice shot with a empty round in the gun, I bet he comes out of his boots when the gun goes click!

Yeah, Briley will do it, but I don't know if it's worth the price tag. You have to remove the trigger assembly and send it to them. Definitely not an in-season fix. Like Dtrkyman said, I'd take it to a trustworthy gunsmith. It's already an adjustable trigger, so you should be able to get it dialed in better than it currently is.

lacire

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

bwhana

Try the Taran Tactical reduced trigger and hammer springs before you spend gunsmith $, you likely wont need more.  I have used them on Stoegers, Franchis, and Benellis, and was happy on each with no further work needed.  Under $20, simple process, and takes less than 5 mins to switch out the factory springs.

the Ward

Sounds like your son may have developed a flinch, if so, a lighter trigger probably is not going to fix it.

lacire

Quote from: bwhana on April 07, 2022, 09:11:53 AM
Try the Taran Tactical reduced trigger and hammer springs before you spend gunsmith $, you likely wont need more.  I have used them on Stoegers, Franchis, and Benellis, and was happy on each with no further work needed.  Under $20, simple process, and takes less than 5 mins to switch out the factory springs.

Exactly why I was asking about the trigger pull. I took two pounds off my Benelli with only replacing the trigger spring, I left the hammer spring alone. It's now at a nice 4lbs 3oz. It's very easy to do yourself if you have a little mechanical skills. YouTube has videos also. I attached a video link I watched if interested. Good luck.

https://youtu.be/RQPplBg-R_4

lacire

Quote from: the Ward on April 07, 2022, 09:24:33 AM
Sounds like your son may have developed a flinch, if so, a lighter trigger probably is not going to fix it.

Your correct the trigger pull won't fix that and I think you're right he's flinching. My grandson could shoot clays, ducks and geese out of the air but with a shot gun at a still target or a turkey he'd flinch, pour kid missed three birds last year. At first we didn't know what was wrong, gun, choke, shells, we knew he could shoot. We finally put up a 3'x3' target and he missed it, shot again and hit it with two pellets. My son watched him on the second shot and saw him close his eyes as he pulled the trigger.

TANK

I thought flinching was the problem at first but he isn't. Heck he is he killing deer with a 30-06 lol. The trigger is his issue here.....the travel in his Franchi's trigger is 3/8's or greater, once you tack up on all the slack on the front end

TANK

Yes it's prolly around 8. If I can find my trigger scale I'll test it

TANK

I just called them and they don't make a kit for the 20 gauges. I appreciate your help though man!!

bwhana

Quote from: TANK on April 07, 2022, 12:09:04 PM
I just called them and they don't make a kit for the 20 gauges. I appreciate your help though man!!
The trigger and hammer springs are identical in both the 12 and 20 ga.  The magazine springs in Stoeger and Franchi are not, but we're not talking about them in this case.

lacire

Quote from: bwhana on April 07, 2022, 12:37:22 PM
The trigger and hammer springs are identical in both the 12 and 20 ga.  The magazine springs in Stoeger and Franchi are not, but we're not talking about them in this case.

I also put the Taran Tactical trigger spring in mine, it's a 20 gauge, fit perfect, works great. There showing just the $7.99 trigger spring is out of stock but for $39.99 you can get the complete spring set which you don't need.

A and S also sells a complete reduce trigger spring kit $24.99 and so does Briley $20.99, notice how many guns these spring kits interchange with.

https://ansshotguns.com/product/shotgun-reduced-effort-trigger-spring-pack/

https://www.briley.com/p-65568-as-shotgun-reduced-effort-trigger-spring-pack.aspx

lacire

Quote from: TANK on April 07, 2022, 11:40:39 AM

I thought flinching was the problem at first but he isn't. Heck he is he killing deer with a 30-06 lol. The trigger is his issue here.....the travel in his Franchi's trigger is 3/8's or greater, once you tack up on all the slack on the front end

I was just saying my grandson had no problems shooting his 12 gauge shotgun on a moving target such as duck, geese or clays, it was a still target and turkey's that he was flinching on. He also shoots his 6.5 creedmoor just fine but it probably doesn't have the kick of a 30.06. If the trigger is that bad, you may have to take it to a gunsmith to get it corrected. Good luck.

sixbird

Franchi will tell you there's no fix. Taran will tell you they don't make a kit to fix.
BUT, the Taran Tactical spring kit for Benelli M2 will absolutely fit the Franchi Affinity III 20ga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk