only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Do you have a "killing spot"?

Started by mountaineer long beard, April 06, 2022, 11:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soILstrutter

Quote from: bushangler on April 26, 2022, 11:34:12 PM
Quote from: soILstrutter on April 25, 2022, 10:14:16 AM
I have a giant oak tree on our family property that has seen plenty of birds meet their demise. From youth hunters, to my father and I together, and even myself. Its located in our river bottoms about 125 yards from a roost area that is used almost every single day of the year by the main flock on our property. Its also in a great location to sit and listen for a mid morning tom. I find my self gravitating to it whenever I need a moment of reflection or peace and quiet as well. I wish that oak tree could talk, because it has probably witnessed better than anyone the evolution of myself as a turkey hunter since the first time I sat down at its base. These great memories I have with great friends and especially my father are at that tree, and always will be.
My killing tree is very similar. It's had many of firsts. My first bird, my first bird in my own, a girl friends first bird, my daughters first bird and my biggest local buck. My father is gone now but when I sit against that tree I enjoy reflecting.  It was a leased field of ours for years and a couple years ago my brother and I bought it and it will be my daughters some day. It will be hers to do what she wants with it but I want my ashes under that oak in the corner of the field where I've spent so much time and had so many great memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its amazing how one place can hold so many memories. And of all places, a tree. not a home, a business, or sports field; a tree on a piece of dirt. ;D Us turkey men are a different bunch One day, I hope my future kids can take their first bird from that tree as well!