OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

MOSS 835 HEVI-13 #7-TEST WOW!!! you got to see this !!! MARCH 17 2012 FINALLY !!

Started by GOLD HUNTER, February 13, 2011, 05:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

Well guys here is the 40 yard target with the Hevi 13 #7's and he was kinda disappointed with the results with the MAD MAX .695.  He also shot a magnum blend which shot a little better but he still wasn't happy with it.  This choke opened up too much after 30 yards.  He hasn't decided what he's gonna use. He's checking into another choke for this gun. 

Guys what do you think about this shot?  Do you think he should keep this combo or work on something else? 

Gene is stuck between lead and hevi shot. 

Brian

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well that will work, but like the two of you, I was expecting way better.  Tell him he needs to go with a .670 or .675 choke.  That would be my recommendation.  I would try a good choke around that exit diameter.  No bigger than .680.  Indian Creek, Pure Gold, or Tru-Glo SSX are all great choices. 

outlaw

Im a good guy !!!

goblr77

The 40 yard target with the Mad choke doesn't surprise me. One of my buddies shot some Hevi #7's through his a couple weeks ago and had about the same results. That choke is too open. Look for something around .675.

knightrider

Gobble!

GOLD HUNTER

we are going back to the range on march 8 and work on genes gun and see what we can do .

brian

GOLD HUNTER

we shot genes gun with the .695 with win xx #6 and @ 30yds and he got about 260 in a 10". he is going to stay with that this year and next year hes going toget a ic.choke.

brian

3.5inchpainfulldeath

WIRE PALADIN

Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt

stinkpickle

Buxndiverdux

That's 18 pellets better than my 835 Mossy before polishing. I'm going to shoot it this afternoon and see if the polishing helps. Fingers crossed. I'd be happy with 200+ honestly.

GOLD HUNTER

Yea i liked the 7's better and i'd get a ic. choke asap and go back to the range.

brian

WIRE PALADIN

We are looking at geting a hevi-13 choke has any1 shot a mossy835 with that choke ?

thanks
pat
:chucknorris:
Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt