OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

MOSS 835 HEVI-13 #7-TEST WOW!!! you got to see this !!! MARCH 17 2012 FINALLY !!

Started by GOLD HUNTER, February 13, 2011, 05:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

Gene, David & myself finally got together to go shoot Gene's gun.  He got the new IC.675 choke for the Mossberg and 2 boxes of the new 3.5 Winchester Double XX #6's and 2 boxes of 3.5 Magnum Blend to shoot.  We dialed the gun in with the Double XX ammo and fired a few rounds of Magnum Blend at 30 yards. We then fine tuned it in with the Magnum Blend and IC choke at 40 yards.  This was the most difficult shotgun we ever worked with to find a working combo.  I can't name all the chokes and ammo that was put into this gun to finally get it working.  Gene is now a happy man and @ 40yds in a 10" 255 he ought to be.  Look for him to kill a turkey with it.  

Here are a few pictures and a video of our shooting day.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAs8Q0Qjf5Q

UPDATE :  Gene killed a nice gobbler this year with that set up, i dont have a pic to put up..... i dont hunt were they hunt.

Why togo Gene !!! :icon_thumright:

captin_hook

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

davisd9

That guns looks very similar.  Hope it is good to him as the one I have is to me!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer