OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunter22

Started by Bowguy, March 06, 2022, 05:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Been a few years, some may not even know of the man but he was an active guy here and good man in my opinion. I'm sure he's got some unbelievable call sitting beside him and the birds are always gobbling. Just the same remember and let's shoot one for him

Gobbler2577

He was one of the best for sure.  I found myself looking for him at Unicoi...

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Quote from: Bowguy on March 06, 2022, 05:32:40 PM
Been a few years, some may not even know of the man but he was an active guy here and good man in my opinion. I'm sure he's got some unbelievable call sitting beside him and the birds are always gobbling. Just the same remember and let's shoot one for him

He was good people.   Yep.

:angel2:

I have a call in my accumulation that was made for him.  Has his name on it.   Kinda a neat reminder.   
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

grayfox

He is surely missed.

paboxcall

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

packmule

I was thinking of his "First Team" "Second Team" threads a few days ago. Always enjoyed those.

bobk

He was a gentleman.

vt35mag

I have a mora/apple fiddlebox that was Rickey's and tried to call one to the gun with it last year. Came really close, but when the gobbler got to 50yds he made out the shooter (my dad). He stayed interested, he just circled around him and kept looking for me.
Will try and make it happen this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Good thread !!!

Thinking about taking my Rickey call and hunting it this spring.  It's a Mann purpleheart/cedar checkered short box.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greg Massey

He had a great knowledge of calls and the turkey woods...and a fine call collection..

Spitten and drummen

I was proud to call Ricky a friend. He and I had several phone conversations and traded alot of calls.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

dirtnap

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 06, 2022, 07:32:21 PM
He had a great knowledge of calls and the turkey woods...and a fine call collection..

I know he sure did have a pile of calls.  I always clicked on his stuff.

Yoder409

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 06, 2022, 07:32:21 PM

He had an AMAZING collection.
PA elitist since 1979

wbyman

"Control your destiny, or someone else will"

Bowguy

He sure had one heck of a collection