turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Headlamps

Started by ClayR089, February 26, 2022, 03:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClayR089

I watch YouTube and guys are walking in with headlamps on. I know they are obviously turning them off as they near their spot. But I've always been one to be nervous to have headlamp on at any time. I try to know my spots well enough to get in with out and going slow enough in. What is y'all's headlamp theory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan_Wiles

As little light as possible to safely navigate to wherever I'm going. I don't like tripping over stuff and falling hurts a lot more than it used too. I'll use one if I need it to move quietly but I prefer a small handheld green led flashlight that I can point straight down in front of my feet.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

I use the camo Power caps and Panther caps with the white and green led's ...

WV Flopper

I believe 100% lights scare turkeys.

,Stay at your truck until daylight.

Sixes

Dtrkyman

I rarely use a light turkey hunting, once in a while in dangerous terrain.  I do have a really dim red one that weighs nothing i will carry with just in case.

Yoder409

I see very well in the dark.  So I use a light very infrequently.  But I always carry a small, white LED flashlight.  If I need light to see, I turn it on but close my hand over it and only let a couple fingers far enough apart to let a tiny beam out.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Wigsplitter

Don't use one much myself

AppalachianHollers

I use a headlamp with a green setting, pointed at the ground. You walk 50 yards away from your buddy who's wearing the same model, and you don't even see the bulb (no beam) if it's not pointing *right* at you.

wvmntnhick

Might use a light to navigate new terrain until I get close enough to hear the birds I'm looking for but these days, it's a wash. I know where I'm heading on the farms I hunt and the other locations that I've hunted for years. But I'll not use a light anywhere near if I think a bird might have a chance of seeing it.

eddie234

I use one, like already said, until I get close to the roost. I hunt deep woods and don't want to trip while walking in. Helps keep cobwebs off my face

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

WildTigerTrout

I carry a small Maglite with a red filter in my vest but use it very seldom.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Master Gobbie

Sometimes!

When I use it, I use the floodlight setting and I'll pull it over my head and around my neck like a bow tie, keeps the light on the ground where it belongs and reduces me being blinded by the reflection of my fog breath.

Also your buddies will appreciate not being blinded. Boy nothing can get me hotter than someone trying to talk to me with their headlight in my face! Simple courtesy people!
Proverbs  3: 5-6

fallhnt

LED flashlight

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

30_06

I use one when needed, it might hurt my chances sometimes but it has helped quite a few times for sure.

Esse quam videri