OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Saying Goodby To an Old Friend

Started by redarrow, June 06, 2011, 10:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

As I write this my wife is on the phone with our vet. The time has come to say goodby to my buddy George. We named him George ,after George Jones.He has been a good ol boy and will be dearly missed. R.I.P. my friend.

honker22

Sorry to hear about that.  Losing a dog is like losing a best friend.  I feel for ya
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

vaturkey

redarrow

I feel for you my friend. I am in the same situation now. My black lab is 16 years old and is almost deaf & part blind. I got him for my son Rick on his 15th birthday. Rick would have been 31 this Sept. Both his hips are bad but he can still get around somewhat. He just wanders around the neighborhood sometimes in a daze. I really dont think he is suffering or hurting bad but I just cant make the decision to put him down. He is truely my best friend. Sorry, I just had to vent.

vaturkey :newmascot:                  RIP George   :jesus-cross:
Vaturkey

bird

RIP George

:mycross: :bible:

"The dog will always prove you wrong!"

bird

Jay

Quote from: vaturkey on June 06, 2011, 10:23:52 AM
redarrow

I feel for you my friend. I am in the same situation now. My black lab is 16 years old and is almost deaf & part blind. I got him for my son Rick on his 15th birthday. Rick would have been 31 this Sept. Both his hips are bad but he can still get around somewhat. He just wanders around the neighborhood sometimes in a daze. I really dont think he is suffering or hurting bad but I just cant make the decision to put him down. He is truely my best friend. Sorry, I just had to vent.

My Shorthair is 15 1/2, and I was going to put her down because she was totally out of it mentally, but the Vet had me try a medication he recommended. That was 5 months ago, and her dementia is gone, and she is doing fine except for the old age isues with back, hearing and sight. Definitely a miracle drug for dogs.

mossy835

:jesus-cross: RIP George, it is so hard to let them go. All they ask is food, water and a pat on the head. In return you have the most loyal friend there is. Sorry for your loss.

kamski1151

So sorry Billie...I know we been talking about this for a few weeks now, but it does'nt make it any easier. George was a great dog . I will miss seeing him at deer camp . Stay strong my friend. Love ya......... :cross2:

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

TClark

That's so so sad!  I've been a dog lover for more than 50 years and have had quite a few and loved them all.
I know it may seem unthinkable right now, but you can honor him by going to the pound and saving the life of a pooch that'll be put down because no one wants to love them.
  R.I.P. George!! 
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

catdaddy

It's hard to lose a good friend Billie--I hate that for you all.

GOLD HUNTER

Sorry to hear about George, great dogs are hard to come by and a good dog is sometimes better the a good friend.

:cross2:

brian

guesswho

I really hate to hear that.  I've had to go through it twice in the last year.  It's tuff losing a loyal friend like George.  R.I.P. George!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Hognutz

Quote from: Jay on June 06, 2011, 10:50:36 AM
Quote from: vaturkey on June 06, 2011, 10:23:52 AM
redarrow

My Shorthair is 15 1/2, and I was going to put her down because she was totally out of it mentally, but the Vet had me try a medication he recommended. That was 5 months ago, and her dementia is gone, and she is doing fine except for the old age isues with back, hearing and sight. Definitely a miracle drug for dogs.

Could you send me some of that medicine, Jay. I have all of those symptoms..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Hognutz

Red. My heart aches for you and your wife. I know how that is the hardest thing in the world to do. I am still grieving over my Springer (Hershey), and it's been over ten years. May George rest in peace, and perhaps meet up with Hershey and discuss how much they meant to their owners. God Bless, my friend..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

paturkeyhntr

Sorry to hear about your loss.  Been through it a few times and it is the hardest thing I have ever done.  I try to focus on all the great times and memories...Only time and maybe a new pup helps heal the wounds.   RIP George!!!!!

barry

Sorry to hear.
I know the feeling, had to put mine down a few years back.