OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Convention take-a-ways on vests

Started by kytrkyhntr, February 20, 2022, 02:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kytrkyhntr

Got my hands on new ol Tom vest at the convention. Was super impressed with it. I will definitely be purchasing it. Was impressed with primos vest as well. Just isn't for me. Nomad vest was not great in my opinion but ok. The grounded vest is the best made. But I have a love/hate relationship with all of the pockets being inside a zipped component. I will try the ol Tom out. Just my take aways from convention as far as vests go. What are your thoughts?

For the turkey purse cult... we get it... I was just referring to the vests I saw at convention. Please don't hijack this thread as well
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Iaguntrader

If you noticed, did Knight and Hale have a new vest if they had a booth? I have and really like their run and gun 300 but I believe it's discontinued and they only offer the 200. I didn't know if they had a replacement or not.

Thanks for the notes on the other vests.

roosterstraw

I'm liking the ol tom vest as well. What was your take away on the Sitka vest?

jordanz7935

Thanks for the feedback! Sight unseen, the new ol tom vest definitely has my wheels spinning! Just looks like a great design. Ive been hunting the badlands vest for a few seasons now, its held up great considering the hell ive put it through. Great seat, good pocket layout. My only gripes are: only 2 pot call pockets, small "game bag" in rear of vest, & and the vest material is a little noisy especially in cold weather. Also curious if you got your hands on the Sitka vest??

skimerhorn

Anybody have pics of the new ol tom vest?

roosterstraw

Quote from: skimerhorn on February 20, 2022, 03:17:24 PM
Anybody have pics of the new ol tom vest?
There's a bunch of pictures on their website.

misfire

I was disappointed that Knight Hunting Products was there. Would have definitely spent money with him
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

3bailey3

Is that the Gunslinger vest? any one see one for sale.

skimerhorn

Gunslinger vest is for sale on the ol tom site for 169.99. Kinda looks like a Dixon vest

3bailey3

kytrkyhntr

Gunslinger vest is not available yet on their website. It has been posted for a month or so saying sold out. Should be up in next 10 days or so

kytrkyhntr

I will be honest I didn't give the Sitka a fair evaluation when I heard and saw Sitka. I'm trying to find that coupon code for 30 percent off ol Tom 1 time purchase. Will make that vest 120 bucks or so

Lucky Goose

appreciate the report!  That gunslinger did look promising, glad to hear it is.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 20, 2022, 08:39:08 PM
I liked the Grounded vest the most.
man I really do too... it's tough for me. I love that vest. Way lighter than you'd expect. I love that you can zip two pockets and everything is secure. I also hate that everything is virtually accessed by two zipped pockets. Every time you wanna grab something you gotta unzip that big zipper. Not a huge issue but if I'm nit picking. It was far and away the best made vest