OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Convention take-a-ways on vests

Started by kytrkyhntr, February 20, 2022, 02:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt76cmich

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 20, 2022, 02:24:23 PM
Got my hands on new ol Tom vest at the convention. Was super impressed with it. I will definitely be purchasing it. Was impressed with primos vest as well. Just isn't for me. Nomad vest was not great in my opinion but ok. The grounded vest is the best made. But I have a love/hate relationship with all of the pockets being inside a zipped component. I will try the ol Tom out. Just my take aways from convention as far as vests go. What are your thoughts?

For the turkey purse cult... we get it... I was just referring to the vests I saw at convention. Please don't hijack this thread as well
Good to hear about the Gunslinger and Grounded vest.  I recently bought the Grounded and plan on ordering the Gunslinger and selling the one I don't want to keep.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Johnhunter21

How thick or comfortable did the seat on the new ol tom vest seem? I like the looks and layout as well, just hope the seat matches the rest of it.

kytrkyhntr

Ol tom seat has always been a hair thinner than I'd like. However this one seems beefed up. It felt thicker than their usual seat. Of course I didn't sit in it but that's just what I felt. I wouldn't say it's better than the tatr 2 seat or as thick but I will just say it's better than their past seats
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

freakyhen

I was also really impressed with the grounded vest but like you didn't like the pockets. Seems to be the best made for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpreeves

Good to hear about the gunslinger vest. I'm glad they're offering this one in greenleaf!

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: cpreeves on February 21, 2022, 09:16:55 AM
Good to hear about the gunslinger vest. I'm glad they're offering this one in greenleaf!

The gentlemen I spoke to regarding the gunslinger vest expressed to me, and this is just my understanding, that this year will be the only year they run this vest in greenleaf. So if you guys out there like the vest and are greenleaf fans I would suggest not waiting on it. That's just how I understood it. Sounds like it's a 1 year deal
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

roosterstraw

Does the gun slinger hold two pots or four pots?

BBR12

Gunslinger has 2 double pot pockets so 4.
I ruled the gunslinger out almost immediately because it doesn't have an upper chest strap. I always have trouble with a vest riding upon the front if it doesn't have a chest strap. I really wanted to like it cause they are fairly local guys to me.
I ended up getting a grounded vest to try. I still plan to use my KnH RnG 300 mostly but my son is about to outgrow his youth vest and the wife mentioned going with me this year so it will get some use even if I don't use it a lot. Locally I have a plan to hunt where I'm not gonna be taking hardly any calls with me so I can try the grounded without completely unloading my RnG.

I really did like the Sitka vest as it is similar to the RnG. I didn't sit on it but the seat looked pretty good. I don't like their camo at all so Im out especially at rumored $250 for it.  I guess if they offer it in Bottom land eventually I may reconsider. ????