OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey hunting knives

Started by Zobo, February 19, 2022, 08:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillclimberWV

Quote from: Zobo on February 20, 2022, 10:43:14 AM
HillclimberWV:  That Esse as a backup for big game hunts, I'd say yes. You'll never feel it, it adds zero weight. But I wouldn't use it as a primary field dresser. Some people do. I've seen guys regrind the blade to create a more favorable shape for break down. You don't need size it's all in the steel they say and I like Esses's carbon steel. But the handle you might not like. It doesnt slip for my purposes but you might find it "hotspoty" during a field dress/breakdown/ skinning etc. Another important benefit is the price, Benchmade came up with a similar type but it cost WAY more!
Thank you for opinion. It has definitely answered my questions.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Sixes

Usually a Benchmade Osborne or Grizzly Creek.

In the truck, I keep several Outdoor Edge razorlites and a bunch of replacement blades.

Zobo

To say I've been less than impressed by the knife offerings by the NWTF through the years is an understatment. I know they're  trying to fundraise but wow there has been a lot of junky imports sporting the NWTF branding. There have been exceptions however. Here's one: American made Kershaw linerlock auto assist flipper. It's just fun to play with while you're waiting for the season to start!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Yoder409

Quote from: Which Gun on February 20, 2022, 07:48:16 AM
Gerber Gator folder in sheath

My go-to for a long, long time.

But I got a Spyderco Delica last year.  DANG, SON !!!!!!!!!!!!!   I have never in my life seen a knife as sharp from the factory.  It is NUTS !!!!  Almost breast out a gobbler by showing the knife to it.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bobk

Spyderco Paramilitary 3

Tyto 1.1

shatcher

hootgobbleyelpgobble

Quote from: rakkin6 on February 19, 2022, 08:38:14 PM
Same one has I do for deer, Havalon Piranta. Say what you want but those things are razor sharp. I

Hands down the best knife I have found for skinning everything with fur or feathers.

paboxcall

Carry two spring and fall seasons: Case mini Finn Hunter fixed blade and a Havalon.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Tennessee Lead

Remington Turkey Hunter Knife

RutnNStrutn

I carry the same knife for deer and turkeys. A Buck folding knife. Nothing special, just a reliable sharp knife.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

30_06

Havalon seems to make its way into all of my packs and or vests.

Esse quam videri

greencop01

A Case fixed blade bird and trout knife.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!